29. Wuxian is What?

Wuxian and Wangji spent a week or so at the little house to rest. They traveled a good distance, and from what Xiaoru has said, the path was still long. There were some obstacles as well but that would not stop them.

"What kind of obstacles would we be facing?" Wuxian asked.

"From here to Celestial pass, the immortals have tests set up all over the land. It is to test the abilities of the young cultivators that wish to train under them. If they are a married couple like you two, there are masters who will take two disciples. I am able to help guide you and assist you as best as I can. These tests can be anything from monsters to terrain to weather to riddled and even people. So you need to be prepared," Xiaoru explained, "I have noticed you two have already studied some new abilities which will be useful."

"Well, we are up for anything," Wuxian said and looked at Wangji, "if it's a challenge they want, then we should take it. I believe if we trust each other and work together properly, we can get through this."

"With how fast you have mastered some of these abilities already, I believe we can achieve this," Wangji said.

"I do not mean to seem like I am a natural at this but it is like I have done all this before or something. It's like I lived a life before and I have deja vu."

"We will figure it out," Wangji said.

"There is a couple possibilities," Xiaoru said, "either due to trauma you lost your memory, or someone wiped your memory but did a poor job and you are getting those memories back by retracing your steps."

Wuxian nodded, "alright...so what can you do?" He asked.

"I can do whatever you ask, I am able to scope out locations for you, I can gather information, and I can communicate with other birds as well. I can duplicate myself multiple times so you can use me as spies and I even have my own attacks. Your parents granted me a special shield that will never break unless it is removed so I am impenetrable from weapons," Xiaoru explained.

"Wow," Wuxian said and leaned forward, "you are cute too. Lan Zhan and I have a little bird friend."

"I am not cute," the bird argued.

"How about handsome then?" Wuxian asked.

Xiaoru cawed at him, "no."

Wangji just smiled as he felt amused by the two, "you both are cute in my opinion."

"Lan Zhan!" Wuxian whined, "what did I say, warn me first."

"No," Wangji said, "ruins the fun."

"You two said you were married..how long?" Xiaoru asked.

"A little over a year now," Wuxian answered, "our marriage was actually an arranged marriage but we somehow ended up as soul bonds."

"Sometimes fate works in mysterious ways," Xiaoru said, "do I want to know how everything was before that?"

Wuxian sighed, "While we are on this trip, Lan Zhan's brother is actually finalizing a trial for me. The sect I used to live in did not treat me well and violated my body without my consent. I went through a chemical castration and went through a lot of mistreatment. I was malnourished and uneducated. Within the year I spent with Lan Zhan, I have achieved immortality with him and caught up with my education. They helped me through a lot and I am very grateful for that."

"Why would someone ever treat you that way?" Xiaoru asked, "your parents were important people. Do they realize that?"

"How important?" Wangji asked.

"Cangse Sanren is Baoshan Sanren's daughter. Baoshan Sanren is the most respected immortal to ever live. She even owns the entirety of Celestial Pass which in turn will belong to Wei Wuxian someday as he would be heir. Cangse would have taken over if she had not died. Her husband Changze was also very important as he was no ordinary human. He was known as a water dragon. So Wuxian would have dragon blood in him too. It will only bring bad luck to the people who abuse Wuxian."

"Dragon?" Wuxian asked, "I'm part dragon?"

"You are, and once you arrive to Celestial Pass, I'm sure Baoshan would train you personally, including your husband," Xiaoru answered.

"Is that why I can master elemental abilities so well?" Wuxian asked.

"Possibly, your father was known for water and air. Many places have suffered droughts and plague since his passing. It was him who helped keep the waterways clean and even helped produce rain when it was necessary," Xiaoru explained, "as for Wangji, he may have abilities all on his own too. We just need to know more of his background."

"Well, my family is a long line of Lan Cultivators who were monks at one point in history. As for my mother, I do not know much about her past as she died when I was little," Wangji explained.

"So if Baoshan ever found out about my mistreatment, what would she do?" Wuxian asked.

"Let's just pray that the family will live to see the next lunar cycle," Xiaoru replied.

Wuxian placed his face in his hands, "this is not real, I am dreaming and I will wake up and I will be back in Gusu sleeping in my husband's arms," he said.

"Wei Ying, it's real," Wangji said, "you are a dragon...it makes sense."

Wuxian nodded as he was trying to take it all in, "so, should we write to Xichen-ge about this information?"

"Probably should," Wangji said. So they wrote a letter to Xichen and Lan Qiren about this newfound information. How they learned this from an old companion that used to be around Wei Wuxian's parents. They will write to them more when they have more information. Wangji used a butterfly to send it as he didn't want it getting into the wrong hands.

"I am now a bit overwhelmed," Wuxian said.

"Are you tired? Did you want to sleep for a bit?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian nodded. Wangji helped Wuxian to bed and snuggled with him for a while. Xiaoru perched himself up on a post that Wuxian put up for him. There was even a little spot for Xiaoru to nest and sleep if he so chooses.