13. Do Not Mess With A'Xian

The next day, Wuxian was feeling a bit better so he and Wangji met up with Xichen before lectures started. It also gave them an excuse to see Haiyue. She was getting cuter by the day. Wuxian enter the Hanshi with Wangji and it was actually fairly quiet inside. Haiyue was an easy baby, both parents were mild in temperament and they were kind and respectful. It was obvious that Haiyue will grow to be a very polite women.

"Good morning you two," Xichen said. Xichen could see something was off about Wuxian right away. He suspected that was why the two came so early that morning.

"Good morning Ge," Wuxian greeted.

"Good morning, Xiongzhang," Wangji replied.

"Is something wrong, A'Xian?" Xichen asked.

"Jiang Wanyin," Wuxian said, "I ran into him yesterday and he made threats towards me."

"He what now?" Xichen asked trying to keep calm and not explode in anger.

"He claimed that I purposely humiliated him a couple days ago. The first day of classes he got called and couldn't answer a question, so Shufu asked me to answer. So I did. I got it correct, Jiang Wanyin claimed I humiliate him then. The second time was during sword training. We were having a sparring match and I won against Jiang Wanyin and he felt I had humiliated him again. I told him that I beat him under my abilities alone and it has nothing to do with beating anyone. He didn't believe me. Lan Zhan came when he threatened me. He said if I am ever caught by him alone outside of Cloud Recesses, he will kill me," Wuxian explained.

"You have a higher authority then he does and he just disrespected you. Higher authority because you are older than him, and you are married to the second heir to the sect. He threatened you, therefore he threatened the sect. He doesn't know that he just made a huge mistake," Xichen said.

"I had him write the rules three hundred times but if you feel he needs a stronger punishment, you have that authority," Wangji said.

"You two come with me," Xichen said. He told Lan Feng he would return shortly and left the Hanshi. Wangji and Wuxian followed him to the Lanshi (Orchid room) where Lan Qiren was located as he was getting prepared for the lecture.

"You are here early," Lan Qiren said.

"We are here because we have a little problem, and I wanted to run it by you," Lan Xichen said.

"What is the issue?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Jiang Wanyin has made threats towards A'Xian, Wangji punished him to write the rules but I feel he needs a heavier punishment," Xichen answered.

"What kind of threats?" Lan Qiren was concerned. Wuxian explained to him what he told Xichen. Lan Qiren's face turn three shades of red. He was furious, "does he realize that he basically threatened the sect? A'Xian is the spouse of the second heir of Gusu Lan. He is also older then Wanyin, so it only makes sense that A'Xian would have a little more skills. Claiming that Wuxian had humiliated him is just nonsense. He could not answer a question so A'Xian did. A'Xian also won that spar match with the best of his abilities. It is based on skill not trying to down right humiliate someone. Who do these Jiang's think they are?"

"I have spoken to Shijie, she is the only one who treated me kindly and looked after me, cooked for me, fed me, and helped heal my wounds. She said the Jiang Sect has been falling apart since I left. The elders are even angry for them treating me in such a way. I may have lived under them of a while but she said the elders fear that you could pull the alliance away. I will always remain under you all but they will not have any chance to make amends of things get worse," Wuxian explained.

"Even though it is through marriage, the contract is a three year alliance and then we can decided if we want to continue with it. You will always remain Wangji's partner of course, but after three years you would no longer have any affiliations with the Jiang Sect. Because we have proof of your abuse, we could make that contract break sooner as they have been causing issues."

"So even if the contract breaks I will still be here as Lan Zhan's husband?" Wuxian asked.

"You two are married, and you have consummated. You two are now also soul-bonds. You are a member of the clan now through and through. You no longer have any affiliation with the Jiang Sect if you do not want it. Especially if they continue to make threats. That could be a punishment towards the Jiangs if Jiang Wanyin continues his charade," Xichen explained.

"For now, he is to write the rules three hundred times," Wangji said.

"I say flog him fifty times for threatening the second heir's spouse," Lan Qiren said, "after the flogs, he will still have to write three hundred times. We will also send a warning to the Jiang's to tell them if Wuxian get's threatened again, we will take more drastic measures."

"Very well," Lan Xichen said, "I will be sure it is done."

Lan Xichen had left and Wangji and Wuxian stayed, "did you need help with anything before class starts?" Wuxian asked.

"That is alright, I have everything set, have you two eaten breakfast?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Not yet," Wangji said.

"Go ahead and eat. You have some time yet," Lan Qiren said.

"Okay, Shufu," they said and went to the dining hall,

Wuxian sat with Wangji at the dining hall. Wuxian eventually took Wangji's hand and wrote letters on it to tell him something. Wuxian wanted to tell his Shijie of what happened. She deserves to know as was also innocent in this matter. She was just as much a victim as Wuxian was. He didn't like that she had to deal with the family she had. It was unfair to her. Wangji agreed to talk to her after breakfast.