67. Control⚠️

⚠️This chapter contains sensitive material. Content includes strong language, information about child abuse and neglect, and potential violence. Please read with caution.⚠️
.
.
.
__________

~*Wei Wuxian's POV*~

I never knew that standing up to my abusers would feel this good. I let them know that this was not okay and that if my parents were alive today, they'd have taken action against them. Jiang Fengmian has long said he is close with my parents and loves them like his own family. I call that a bunch of bullshit.

"If you wanted him unharmed, you should have put him in a different Sect," Yu Ziyuan said loudly, "that boy is unruly and who knows what else!"

"My daughter and her husband chose this sect for a reason, but obviously that misjudged the people they once called friends," Wai Po said.

"If that slut wanted him here, she should have brought him herself instead of leaving him at our doorstep!" Yu Ziyuan spat.

I suddenly felt my temper slowly getting out of hand. Rage was building the more she insulted my mother. It was like all control I had suddenly left me and with my hand making a fist, a volt of electricity shot out and struck Yu Ziyuan, making her fall onto the ground, "if you insult my mother one more time, the next volt will be doubled in strength," I growled.

"Wei Ying," I hear Lan Zhan speak softly beside me. He held my other hand and I felt his soothing energy starting to pour into me.

I let out a sigh and relaxed a bit, "sorry," I said and looked at him.

"It's alright," Lan Zhan said. "Your eyes were just turning gold. I thought you'd shift to your dragon."

"I am close to it," I told him.

"You bastard boy!" Yu Ziyuan scowled, "you actually dared to lose control of your abilities!?"

"My anger is what causes my lack of control," I warned, "if you keep it up, you will be dead before the sun sets. As much as a lot of us in this room would love to give you a death sentence, we are actually trying to do this civilly and by the book. You are lucky that my volt wasn't at its strongest power."

For once, I actually managed to shut her up. Yes, as much as she deserved death, I'm sure she will be getting a sentence that is much worse. Some say death is the worst punishment but truth be told, unending pain and suffering for the rest of your life is actually worse. Her sentence could be having her golden core removed and having her stripped of her titles and lineage. She could be cast a curse by Wai Po that could cause her misfortune until the day she dies. There is no telling what will happen but it will be a severe sentence.

"Wei Wuxian, who do you think you are?!" Jiang Cheng asked angrily.

I scoffed, "Did we not just explain that?" I answered with a question.

"You can't just go around torturing people!" Jiang Cheng yelled.

With that I finally snapped for good, "Me?" I yelled, "You and your family are the ones who torture people. I am simply defending myself and getting vengeance for the several years of pain and suffering your family put me through! You are also just as bad! Threatening me with dogs and wanting to kill me. If I want to torture someone from your family, I will because I have every right to get back at you for everything you all have done to me!"

I then turned to my dragon. The anger was so intense that I could not hold myself back, "Wei Ying!" I heard Lan Zhan call out. I growled loudly and lowered my head so I was near him. Lan Zhan placed his hand on my snout, "it's going to be okay. Don't let his words get to you. I am here."

I let out a whine and nuzzled into his hand. He was so small next to me but I was still gentle and careful not to knock him over. I don't know how he managed, but he teleported us out of the room for a bit. We were at the place where I showed him before, by the tree I used to climb. I managed to shift back to my human form.

"Lan Zhan, we should get back," I told him.

"We will shortly," he said, "I told Wai Po that I was to take you outside for a bit. You needed to calm down."

"Lan Zhan," I said as tears rolled down my cheeks, "I am not sure if I can keep myself in control."

"You are doing your hardest on trying," he said, "I took you out because you needed a moment. Plus, I was close to cutting off one of Jiang Wanyin's limbs."

I couldn't help but laugh, "if that happens, try to make it his right arm. He'd have to learn to fight with his other arm. He'd be struggling for decades."

"I will keep that in mind," he said, "how are you feeling now?"

"A bit better," I answered, and sat down beside the tree and leaned back against it, "can we stay for a few more minutes."

Lan Zhan nodded and sat beside me, "of course."

"I just can't believe that Jiang Cheng would say that!" I said angrily, "me? Torturing people?"

"He is a hypocrite," Lan Zhan told me, "he needs to understand that he isn't a child and needs to grow up."

I giggled, "good luck, he acts like he is better than everyone and is so hot tempered."

"He will have a rude awakening if he doesn't learn to be more polite," Lan Zhan said, "but he could be charged today too."

"Maybe," I said, "I was thinking about Madam Yu's sentence and if it isn't death, she will be suffering for the rest of her life."

"I have a feeling that Wai Po has something planned for her," he said.

"You think so?" I asked.

He nodded, "she said that no one messes with her family. The consequences are not good."

"I know," I said, "I think I am okay enough to head back."

Lan Zhan nodded, "alright."