38. Baoshan Sanren

Xiaoru led Wuxian, Wangji, and Xichen along a trail that leads further into another peach blossom forest. The path eventually led to a decent sized house that was sectioned into multiple buildings. Wuxian immediately began to remember the area as this was his childhood home. He remembered playing with non-demonic nine tail foxes and a couple of white tiger cubs. There was even a section where there were moon Jade rabbits as they were known for healing and protection. Wuxian remembered always loving them and feeding every morning and every evening.

"Home," Wuxian said quietly.

"You recognize it?" Wangji asked.

"I do," Wuxian replied, "I remember playing with so many magical creatures and feeding moon jade rabbits. My parents would always sit outside every morning and every evening while I fed them. I remember Wai Po's delicious cooking and she had the best moon cake recipe. I'd always ask for them for my birthday."

"Sounds like a nice childhood," Lan Xichen said, "do you remember why you had to leave?"

"My parents said they were in danger so they had to leave and get me somewhere else for my safety. I don it know if they were to bring me to the Jiang's or not but something tells me they weren't and they were taking me somewhere else," Wuxian said.

"We will have our answers soon, I am sure," Xichen said.

"Wuxian, are you ready to head inside? I spoke with Baoshan and said she has visitors who made it passed Bai Ze," Xiaoru said.

"You are also a companion to Baoshan as well, are you?" Wuxian asked.

"I am," Xiaoru said, "I did belong to Baoshan before passing me off to her daughter and son-in-law."

"Oh," Wuxian said as he started to remember Xiaoru always hanging around, "I remember now...but you were not always a bird."

Xiaoru glowed and soon appeared as a young man. He had long dark hair and hazel eyes, his arm was bandaged from the wound he suffered from that demon fox when he was in his magpie form.

"You could have turned into a human this whole time?" Wuxian asked

"Yes, but I didn't want to outside of the Pass," Xiaoru said, "it's good to see you all with new eyes...you too Lan Xichen."

Wuxian and Wangji glanced at Lan Xichen who was a bit shy, "um, I am married."

"I know," Xiaoru said, "but your daughter isn't."

"She is a baby," Xichen countered.

"And I am an immortal being. I am sure you know where that could go," Xiaoru said.

Wuxian and Wangji were trying not to laugh at the situation Xichen landed himself in. The human form of Xiaoru was a bit more shameless and straightforward than he was as a bird, "Xiaoru, please do not have any ill-intentions towards my niece," Wuxian said.