18. Four Winds

"Aerokinesis, wind and air manipulation. Users can create, shape and manipulate air, the common name given to the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds (mostly oxygen and nitrogen) surrounding the planet Earth that is retained by Earth's gravity, and possibly wind, movement of air relative to the surface of the planet.

It is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather, and the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure, and include breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, zephyrs, gales, tempests, and hurricanes.

Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge. Since air is the originator for most natural disasters and all forms of weather, the user has control over nature's most dangerous element allowing them to perform a wide variety of techniques," Wuxian lectures.

"You learned all of that?" Nie Huaisang asked.

Wuxian nodded, "I read that air manipulation is best to learn, especially if you are taking up on learning Fan Martial Arts."

"Being able to control an element sounds interesting," Yanli said, sounding enthused.

"I guess when learning an element from elemental cultivation, you can learn the others. It is best to master one at a time," Wuxian explained.

"Will follow A'Ying, the fans you made are nice," Wangji said.

(The fans Wuxian made. Purple was Yanli's, the original wood one is Huaisang's, the light blueish silver is Wangji's and the dark blue is Wuxian's. He made them look identical as it seemed like they were in a small group)

Yanli named her fan Purple Wisps (Zǐ lǚ), Huaisang named his Volition (Yìzhì), Wangji named his Cloudscape (Yún jǐng), and Wuxian named his Shock Wave (Jī bō).

"For this to work, close your eyes, and visualize how you see the air, how you feel it, how it moves. Feel it in a way to find a connection between you and the air. It is like an invisible current, like water that can't be seen. The spiritual energy you feel in side you, even if it's very small, is flowing through you, just like airflow," Wuxian explained.

Wuxian began to help them with some basic poses and motions. Wuxian told them they had to find that connection between the airflow and the flow of their spiritual energy throughout their body. Wuxian was even more helpful in explaining to Yanli how to feel her energy flowing. Even though her golden core was small, it was still there.

Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren decided to check on how the four were doing at the training grounds. When they arrived, they saw how calm and enthusiastic Wuxian was in teaching. He was showing basic skills of air manipulation and they could already see progress within the four of them.

"Wuxian seems to have a like for teaching," Xichen said.

"I can see that," Lan Qiren said, "he helps out with the archery students when he has available time. I have seen how well he is when, not only handling children, but also being patient and understanding with the students. He makes sure that if a student is getting frustrated, to help them calm down. He does well with what he puts his mind to."

Xichen nodded in agreement, "from what I see, the four can already use some basic skills in the air element."

"I did not expect Wuxian to have read so much into this, but if he is determined to help others, he puts in the extra effort," Lan Qiren said.

"I have informed Sect Leader Nie of his brother's wishes to learn this and he said if Huaisang can master it, he will accept it as his form of cultivation. I can already tell that Nie Huaisang likes this better than his saber. I am sure Sect Leader Nie would be happy to hear of his brother's improvements," Xichen explained.

"He is stopping by in a few days, why not have him come and see for himself how his brother is doing?" Lan Qiren suggested.

"I will let him know," Xichen said and then the two left the training grounds.

Wuxian and the others had been working for a few hours every day. Wangji help them learn basic skills in meditation and said that it helps improve their cultivation. He said if they meditate one a day it would be fine. He suggested twice a day, once when they wake and then once before bed. It is a good way to gather energy and relax the mind.

So for the past few months, the four would meet before breakfast every morning and meditate together in the gardens for an hour. They would then attend lectures, lunch and then if they had scheduled practice, they would meet at the training grounds. They then met up once more after diner dining hours at the gardens and meditated for an hour before they were to head to their rooms for curfew.

There was already improvement in Huaisang and Yanli's cultivation levels. They gained more control and they even liked to learn new skills on their own free time. They would share it with the others at the next group practice.

The four became good friends and even performed a sworn siblings ceremony. The four became sworn siblings. Though Wuxian and Wangji were married, they were fine with this. They became known as the four winds. As Wangji was Běi fēng Jun or North wind. Yanli Xīfēng Furen or West Wind; Huaisang became Dōngfēng Jun or East Wind. Wuxian became became Nán fēng Jun or South Wind.

**(Wangji will end up having his Hanguang Jun title as well as Bei Feng Jun. I thought this would be something new and different to add)**

When word got out about the four, they were all called their respective wind names. It was odd at first when someone suddenly called Wuxian Nán Fēng Jun. Wangji tried his best to hold back a laugh as he saw the stunned look on his partner's face.

"Get use to it Nan Feng Jun," Wangji said.

"Bei Feng Jun, you dare mock me?" Wuxian asked.

"I would never," Wangji replied playfully.

"I will deal with you later," Wuxian said, "for now, we have class."

"I look forward to it," Wangji said taking Wuxian hand. Wuxian giggled and shook his head. He loved his husband so much. He could never get tired of his teasing, as Wuxian was able to tease him right back.