63. Calm Before the Storm 🔞

🔞Very Mature Content in this chapter. A little hint of a warning that is to come, think back to incense burner 😈🔞
.
.
.
__________

Back at Cloud Recesses, Wangji and Wuxian helped the elders and Xichen prepare new evacuation plans and also discussed the barriers. They wanted to make sure the sect was prepared for anything to come in the future. There was this hunch that the Wen Sect will be acting out soon as Wen Ruohan not only as a vendetta against the Lan Sect but he also wanted more power.

Wangji worried about Wuxian. If Wen Ruohan wanted revenge on Wangji in particular, he'd target Wuxian. Wuxian suspects that Wen Ruohan would target Wangji himself, or even Wen Xu targeting him and Wangji for killing Tuxi. The only thing was, Tuxi was the reason the alliance failed. Wangji didn't feel comfortable around her and she broke her vows too. To blame Wangji or the Lan Sect was just Wen Ruohan putting their faults on someone else.

At the moment, Wei Wuxian was at the Jingshi looking through some of his books on protection barriers and charms. He got so new books from Baoshan before he and Wangji left Celestial Pass. Wangji was out for a few minutes just to meet with his brother as he had something to speak to him about. Wangji returned with a smile on his face.

"Wei Ying?" Wangji asked getting his attention.

"Lan Zhan," Wuxian said happily and went over to him. He then wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "anything to report?"

"Mnn," Wangji nodded, "we are going to have to be extra cautious now though."

"Why? Is something wrong?" Wuxian asked.

"Xiongzhang told me that A'Feng is expecting another child," he said, "she is about four weeks along."

"That's exciting, is Haiyue happy about it?" Wuxian asked.

"She is very excited, she said she wanted more siblings," Wangji said. Wuxian nodded and sighed. Wangji noticed Wuxian's mood shift instantly, "what?"

"Ah, it's nothing," Wuxian said and sat back down at his desk.

"No it isn't, please don't keep your thoughts and concerns bottled up and away from me. I can't help you or we can't solve anything if we do not talk," Wangji said as he knelt beside him.

"Do you think we could have a family someday?" Wuxian asked eventually, "we don't have to now as there is so much happening.."

"Wei Ying," Wangji said having Wuxian look at him, "we can adopt and expand our family. We said we'd talk about it didn't we?"

Wuxian nodded, "I don't want to suddenly bring it up as Xichen-Ge is expecting another child, it would just seem too convenient."

"We can wait, as we wanted to get your trial over with," Wangji said, "we can talk to Shufu and Xiongzhang about it. They will understand."

Wuxian nodded, "I think it's best to wait. I don't want to take the happy moment away from Xichen-Ge and his wife."

"You will not," Wangji said, "and we can continue talking about it." Wuxian nodded but couldn't help but start laughing, "what is so funny?"

"With the amount of sex we have, if I was a female, I'd be pregnant several times over," he teased.

Wangji shook his head in amusement, "only you would find a way to get pregnant."

"As interesting as it sounds, I don't think I want to go through that experience of birthing a child. Adopting is just fine," Wuxian said, "plus I don't want to take away our everyday is everyday time."