77. Aftercare

After two passionate weeks of thorough breeding, Wangji was still able to move around with ease. He was able to tend to his husband who was now in the post-heat period. He was exhausted and could barely move a muscle due to muscle fatigue. To help, Wangji prepared warm baths and massaged his appendages to help keep the blood circulating.

Yina has also come out once and said the heat was successful and an egg is being produced. Wei Wuxian will continue to have this female body part for a good while. The egg takes up to four months to develop within Wuxian's womb. After four months, Wuxian will transform into Yina and she will lay her egg. There was a special place arranged at Celestial Pass already to keep the egg incubated and warm. It is a large open cave of sorts and it was warm inside. The egg will remain for another five months before the baby arrives.

The plus side is that Wuxian will not look pregnant to the public eye but he will know when it is time to lay the egg. For now he is to spend a few more days hidden away with Wangji. Wangji would be helping him with the aftercare. He and Wuxian were over the moon when they came to know that Wuxian was already expecting a baby. Though they were worried as there was still a war going on but now Yina will have to appear more on the battlefield in order to protect Wuxian's stomach as his dragon hide is impenetrable by most weapons. The only reason Yina was Injured from Xuanwu is because it was another celestial being. Xuanwu'a teeth were sharpe and were long like the length of the average person's arm.

Right now, Wuxian was currently asleep. Lan Wangji was awake and cleaning up the place a bit. Cleaning the dishes, sorting out fresh robes and preparing a fresh hot bath, he even made sure to prepare some food. It's been a few days into his post-heat or aftercare, so Wangji is just being extra thorough with making sure everything is set for Wuxian once he wakes up.

During the two weeks, Wangji has been kept in the loop of what has been happening with the war against the Wen Sect. He has been keeping in touch with his brother who has recently said there is a camp set up for this recent campaign. Xichen was informed of Wuxian's current predicament, so he had understood why Wangji and Wuxian has been absent. Xichen did question if they'd be able to help fight. Wangji said they'd be able to. Wuxian has extra protection around himself and has come to terms with Yina being out during the war. Xichen had a solution, sort of.

Unless if they were in desperate need, Xichen suggested to wait to make an appearance for when they storm Nightless City. Wangji agreed to it. He would keep Xichen updated as to when Wuxian would be okay enough to head back home. Currently, Wuxian was sleepy and dealing with muscle fatigue. Wangji could not fault him, as much as he had enjoyed these past two weeks, Wuxian would, in the end, need a lot of rest. Wangji didn't think that a subtle change to Wuxian's body could arouse Wangji so much and the two would get lost in throes of passion.

After Wangji had finish his tasks, he sat down on the bed beside Wuxian and leaned against the headboard. Upon sensing a person beside him, Wuxian automatically cuddled up to Wangji. Wangji smiled down at him as he lightly raked his fingers through Wuxian's hair.

Wuxian was such a beautiful man and Wangji can never get enough of the sight. Wei Wuxian's heart was pure and sweet, his soft light skin was too enticing not to touch. Wangji was attracted and addicted to him in every sense of the word. Now the two of them have a baby on the way. Wangji was curious on who the child would resemble most. Children resemble both parents but some features of one specific parent stands out more than the other.

Thinking about this child, it will be a powerful being. It will develop a strong golden core and most likely reach immortality at a young age, not to mention the child will have dragon blood. So they were definitely going to need help from Baoshan in the future to help train their children.

Wangji's train of thought was interrupted by Wuxian's sudden movements. Glancing at his husband, Wuxian's eyes slowly opened and he stretched out his body. He felt well rested and his muscle fatigue had gone down. He can move around a bit better with ease even though there is some discomfort but he can deal with it.

"Hello, Love," Wangji greeted, "did you have a nice nap?"

Wuxian nodded, "it was lovely...have you heard from your brother?"

"Everything is under control at the moment," Wangji said, "they plan to storm Nightless City in a week's time."

"Okay, I should be able to move around better by then. I promise to be careful and I can even just shift to Yina and hang back until you call for us," Wuxian said, "I wonder if Baoshan has a shield charm or anything to help protect myself better. I will be careful of course but you know I can't just sit by, right?"

Wangji nodded, "I understand, Wei Ying, and we can speak with Baoshan. It might be a good idea to have you hang back as Yina and have me summon you. Our biggest target is Wen Ruohan but he has been hidden away in his palace."

"He will come out," Wuxian said.

"Mnn, are you hungry?" Wangji asked.

Wuxian slowly sat up and leaned against Wangji, "a little."

"I have food prepared if you want to eat," Wangji pointed out.

"Even though I am able to move around better, my muscles still ache a bit...could you help me?" Wuxian asked.

"Will always help my Wei Ying," Wangji said and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"You need to practice your aim," Wuxian said and pouted.

"My aim?" Wangji questioned.

"My lips were further away," Wuxian said.

Wangji let out a chuckle and gently held onto his husband's face in his hands, "You are such a goofball. I love you," Wangji told him.

Wuxian giggled, "I love you too."

Wangji smiled and kissed him properly this time. Wuxian was much more satisfied and relaxed. He then allowed Wangji to help him to the dining table so they could eat.