86. Mama Dragon

Time has passed and Yina was out in her full black dragon scaled beauty. She was in the secluded area that Baoshan had so kindly set up for her for when she had her egg. Wangji had a space set up as well so he could eat and sleep and keep an eye on Yina and tend to her if she needed anything. It was going to be five long months for Wangji being face to face with Yina. He might miss Wuxian but he was technically still here but as Yina. Yina had a nest set up and she was close to her laying period. She was a bit more antsy and tried to get as comfortable as possible. Wangji was taught by Simiao on how to help her if she needed any medical attention. No one other than Wangji would be allowed near her at this time because she will be very territorial and she only trusted her mate to keep her safe at the moment.

The room was actually fairly warm but occasionally had a draft come in so it wasn't too hot. It was so Wangji didn't suffocate but also, the egg needed to be at a certain temperature for the remainder of the incubation period. The room looked like a lush cave and had a large spring with a waterfall flowing from a hole in the ceiling of the cave like a skylight.

The cave was like a natural environment for where you would find a dragon in the wild

The cave was like a natural environment for where you would find a dragon in the wild. So it was only natural for Yina to have her egg in such a location. Wangji even felt very comfortable with where he was. As long as he was with Yina/Wuxian, he was content for the most part.

Yina moved her head down closer to Wangji who was relaxing on a stone slab beside the spring. Her nest was right next to that stone slab and she was just getting comfortable as she was ready to lay her egg soon. Wangji was doing better at keeping her calm and soother her. He was sending tranquil energy her way as he began to notice she was starting her labored breathing. A soft growl left her as she felt a slight pain.

"It's alright, I am here. You can do it sweetheart," Wangji said calmly. Yina nugged her head more into Wangji's arms. Yina dug her back claws further into the ground as she began to push the egg out. Wangji could feel her pain and he continued sending energy to her to help her. After a short while, the egg arrived and Yina was exhausted. She did have enough strength to make sure the egg was stable and safe before her body curled around it and she fell asleep.

Wangji sighed as he felt relieved that the tough part of it was over. He smiled when he caught a glimpse of the egg. It was actually pretty big. Its height was up to Wangji's chest or about 121.92cm (4ft)  and was about 2 to 3 ft wide or (about 82/83cm). The egg's color was white with an iridescent blue and red sheen. The outer shell of the egg was actually very tough so it was hard to break from the outside. That didn't mean it wasn't fragile though.

Wangji was told that the child would be born as a dragon first and change to its human form after six months. They will then get their dragon form when they are strong enough to hold the energy of a dragon. It took Wuxian a long time before he gained Yina since his birth so it will be the same for Wangji and Wuxian's (Yina's) baby. Now that the egg has arrived, and Yina is resting, Wangji sat down close by to meditate. He knew they were safe where they were but he would still guard them while Yina was resting. She needed it.

//////////
Sorry this is a short chapter, but I just wanted to get out that Yina had her egg. Thought I should move things along a bit more.