73. Fighting Xuanwu⚠️

⚠️Sensitive content in this chapter. Content includes Violence, blood, and gore, please read with caution.⚠️
.
.
.
__________

Yilin was stirring and itching to surface. Xuanwu may have been sleeping but the sudden presence of Wuxian and Wangji had become known as the beast could sense the dragon. Wuxian let Yilin come out and shifted. Xuanwu was rearing to fight and since the dragon was there, it was as if the beast was challenged.

Yilin and Xuanwu were now face to face. Xuanwu made the first move and tried to bite Yilin. Yilin lifted his right arm and clawed at the beast. Xuanwu had a thick skin but Yilin managed to puncture and cut him. Wangji stood at a distance as he helped maintain Yilin's energy. He would be in the way and potentially in danger if he stepped in between the two creatures. Helping with Yilin's energy was a good solution.

Xuanwu lunged forward trying to take a bite at Yilin. Yilin barely managed to dodge the incoming attack and countered with his claws again. Deep within his gut, the electric currents were flowing, waiting to be released. Yilin opened his mouth and electricity shot out towards Xuanwu. As the creature was in water, the attack was farm more effective.

Xuanwu roared out in pain but kept fighting. He managed to bite Yilin's shoulder. His razor sharp teeth actually managed to puncture through his impenetrable dragon skin. Blood began to flow from Yilin but he didn't care at the moment. Driven by rage, Yilin to a bite at Xuanwu, firming having the creature's neck in his mouth. Yilin used his claws to dig under the creature's shell and using all of his strength, he yanked at it. The shell began to break and it was like Yilin chucking an oyster, prying open the shell. It revealed the contents inside, human bodies were being absorbed of their spiritual cognition, and there was a sword that stuck out.

Yilin clamped his mouth tighter around Xuanwu's neck and heard a snap. Yilin broke the creature's neck and it had been killed. Yilin dropped the creature out of his mouth and focused on the sword that was revealed in the shell. Yilin shifted back to his human, and his shoulder was bloody. He was going to need it tended to in case of infection.

At the moment, Wuxian used his energy to summon the sword. He used so much of it to cleanse it and it disintegrated into dust. Wangji stood beside Wuxian and examined his injury, "this looks very painful," Wangji said, "how do you feel?"

"Tired," Wuxian admitted as he leaned into Wangji for support.

Just as Wangji was going to teleport them out, Baoshan, Yanli, and Jin Zixuan returned, "Xuanwu?" Baoshan questioned, "and he is dead?"

"Yilin," Wangji said.

Baoshan nodded and looked at Wuxian, "let's get you back to Celestial pass and we will have a healer look at your shoulder," she said, "I am proud of you for your accomplishment in defeating the beast."

"Thank you," Wuxian said as Wangji lifted him up into his arms.

They returned to Celestial pass and had Sun Simiao inspect Wuxian's injuries. Wuxian was given a supplement as it was a form of antibiotic to help prevent infection. Wuxian's shoulder was then thoroughly cleaned and bandaged.

"He will be fine, as he is a dragon, he will heal faster than the average person or cultivator. Give it a few days and it will be healed," Simiao explained, "for now, you need to rest. You used a lot of energy fighting so you need to recover from that."

Wuxian nodded as he rested on the bed. After Simiao and Baoshan left the room, Wuxian turned to Wangji, "How are you feeling?" Wuxian asked.

"I am okay, but I am worried about you," Wangji said as he laid beside him.

"I know, but I will be okay," Wuxian assured him, "I am just tired. We will have to head back to Gusu soon as Wen Chao might pull something."

"I sent Shufu a message to let him know of the situation. He is aware of what may come. Everyone is set if the Wens come again," Wangji said.

"Your brother and his family?" Wuxian asked.

"They are safe," Wangji said, "Baoshan is letting A'Feng and Haiyue stay here during her pregnancy as it is safest for them here. Xiongzhang is also able to teleport to and from here as he pleases. He goes back and forth to Cloud Recesses and comes back to be with the girls."

Wuxian nodded, "as long as everyone is safe," Wuxian said as he snuggled closer to Wangji, "I'm just glad that you are okay."

"Even though you have an injury, I'm glad you are okay too," Wangji said, "now get some rest. We can talk more when you wake up."

It didn't take long for Wuxian to fall asleep. He didn't wake until the next day. His wound was healing nicely and the pain has gone down too. After freshening up, Wuxian and Wangji went to go speak with the others. Yanli, Zixuan, Xichen, and Lan Feng were with Baoshan as breakfast was being prepared.

"Good morning," Wuxian greeted.

"Good morning, my dear, how are you feeling?" Baoshan asked.

"I am doing better," Wuxian replied, "during or after breakfast we can talk about what happened at the indoctrination."

"We can talk about it after we eat," Baoshan said.

Lan Feng was holding Haiyue as she was settled in a seat at the table, "Uncle Ji!" She greeted.

Wangji smiled and as the little girl came over to him. Wangji lifted her up and placed a kiss on her cheek, "how is little Yue doing?" Wangji asked.

"Good," she answered with a giggle and looked at Wuxian, "Hello Uncle Wei."

"Hello sweetheart," Wuxian replied, "you keep getting bigger every time I see you."

"I am growing," she told him confidently.

Wuxian giggled, "that you are."

Breakfast went on smoothly and then everyone gathered to talk about the indoctrination and what could potentially come next.