87. A New War

Lan Wangji has been very attentive about making sure Yina was doing well and keeping her relaxed. He was always sitting with Yina within the nest beside her and the egg. There were times when Yina would watch Wangji run sword drills and practice his skills. She'd make a purr noise whenever Wangji was only in his trousers to train, as it was always warm within the cave where they resided.

She'd just watch Wangji, seeing the way his body flexed and moved, every muscle movement, she was intrigued. Wangji was hers and she felt blessed to have him. Wangji caught her looking his way and smiled at her. Yina huffed out a puff of smoke in the shape of a heart to show that she loves him. Lan Wangji chuckled and moved to sit beside her, "I love you too, Girl," he said, "how are you feeling?"

"Better today," Yina replied through her mental connection with Wangji, "you were making me drool over here."

Lan Wangji looked down, seeing his body glistening with sweat. He did this on purpose honestly to see if Yina would react and of course, she did, "You are quite shameless," he told her.

"You are too, as you are doing this on purpose. You wanted to show off in front of me," Yina said, "anyone try to reach out to you?"

"Everyone is doing okay," Wangji said, "Baoshan and my brother send butterflies every now and then to check in. Though the world now knows of you, no one knows where to find you. We are safe here at Celestial Pass. Especially the baby."

"If we are found, the baby might be taken first. If they take the egg they can tame and manipulate the baby right away. If a dragon is born away from its parents, it will not have a proper life but live like a slave to the people. They will not know how to survive. Please do what you can to keep it safe. I will of course, but I need you now more than ever," Yina Explained.

"I promise, I am not leaving your side," Wangji said, "I have been training more while we are away here just for that reason. I'm picking up on my element training and gaining more abilities. Aside from having an unlimited amount of energy, I can control water, ice, and snow. I am doing all that I can to help you."

"Thank you, my Love," Yina said.

"Anything for you, Sweetheart," Wangji said.

"Such a sweet talker," Yina said, "I am going for a swim."

Wangji nodded and watched Yina slip into the cave spring. Her entire body submerged under including her head only keeping her eyes and nose above water. Wangji smiled as he went to put his robes back on and relax beside the egg for a while. He thought it would be nice to let Yina rest for a while.

Months pass and soon, the egg is going to hatch. Though Yina doesn't leave the cave, Wangji leaves momentarily at times to see how everyone else is doing. He even goes out to get food for Yina. Baoshan has plenty of game in her location so Wangji would go hunt and bring it back for Yina.

Though he hand Yina's company, he missed Wei Wuxian too. During these months, Wei Wuxian has actually been hibernating. He has been using his energy and sending it over to his dragon. When he would return to his human form, he will have a lot of energy and he will have gained a lot of strength during that time. His cultivation would also go up. Wangji could actually tell within their bond that their cultivation was being shared and constantly getting stronger.

When he steps out of the cave, he finds information about the outside world from Baoshan or his brother. The Jin Sect has been planning something. Lan Feng has said her parents have decided to betray her and give Jin Guangshan information. She said that her parents told him that the dragon is located at Celestial Pass but no one knows where that is. It will only be a matter of time before someone finds its.

Wangji was getting worried. If Lan Feng's parents betrayed her for their benefit, he knows that Jin Guangshan will make plans. He doesn't realize that he will be making stupid plans by trying to gain a dragon when they cannot be anyone's property. Wangji was married to Wei Wuxian and he was a dragon, but that didn't mean Wangji owned him in any way. They were technically one being as they were bonded. So now Wangji could be in danger too.

Lan Xichen has been making sure that people within the sect are getting extra training as he knows that a war is coming. He also informed Chifeng Zun of this and he has decided to help him protect Wangji and his family. As Xiandu, it was one of his duties to protect them. He even sent out a group of people to arrest Jin Guangshan for even considering his actions. Jin Guangshan has been fighting back.

Of course Jiang Yanli being the leader of the Jiang sect now, she is willing to help Wuxian in any way. She also had support of Jin Zixuan who does not want to have any part in his father's stupid behavior. He wants to stop him but he found out that his brother Meng Yao has been setting up something secretly with Jin Guangshan. He warned Yanli and she told Baoshan.

Now that everything has been happening, Wangji has not left Yina's side much. He told her to prepare herself for anything. The baby was coming any day now and they both worried that the baby will be in danger. Yina refused to let anyone get their hands on her and her husband's baby.

For extra protection, Baoshan has disciples protecting the cave. She has her warriors training, and her spies keeping an eye on everything so she knows what is going on. She is going to protect her family and her home. Jin Guangshan wants to wage a war on a place filled with immortals and mythical figures and creatures, but he doesn't realize how dangerous it will be. As for Lan Feng, she felt devastated that her parents would take any information they had and share it with Jin Guangshan. She felt betrayed. Luckily she still had her husband and her entire Lan Family who love and support her. She wasn't alone and she will get justice for what happened. Everyone will.