70. Invasion & Indoctrination⚠️

⚠️Sensitive material in this chapter include, topics and descriptions of violence, blood, death, and gore.

Please read with caution⚠️
.
.
.
__________

With the emergency alarms blaring throughout the sect, the protection barrier around Cloud Recesses thickened. It became more impenetrable and hard to break. It took longer for Wen Soldiers to break through. It was enough to get those who could not fight to the safety of the Cold Caves. Ten Archers were set at the entrance of the cave and twenty disciples stood at the ready right behind them with their swords in their hands, ready for a fight. Wen Xu was leading the forces. It was his time for revenge after all.

The library was already handled, the books were moved to a secret location within the cold caves that only the head family and Wuxian know about. Lan Qiren stuck with those who could not fight within the cave in cast there was danger or betrayal. Xichen had the most important scriptures and ran off with them to keep them safe. He had a place to hide until he could return. Wuxian was at the front gate fighting off Wen soldiers while Wangji was at the back hills. Wuxian's energy was doing good and fighting the wens were nothing compared to the training they had.

Once the soldiers at the gate were dealt with, Wuxian ran to find Wangji. He was surrounded by more Wens and Wen Xu was face to face with Wangji. Wuxian was angry and summoned his volt of lightning. Wangji was immune to Wuxian's abilities so he would never get hurt by the electricity. If he got thrown around that was a different story but Wuxian would never do something like that again. Not after the last time. Wen Xu and his soldiers were down in an instant. Wangji turned to Wuxian and smiled. Wuxian clutched his hand into another fist and struck the soldiers and Wen Xu again. It was then that they all turned to blood and ash.

"Wei Ying, if the Wen Clan hear of this, we will be more of a target," Wangji said.

"We will figure something out...I know I acted on impulse but Wen Zu was a bump in the road we needed out of the way," Wuxian said, "I already sent a message to Wai Po. She is sending Xiaoru and some other disciples over to help with defense and security."

Wangji sighed. He knew that either way, the chances of Wen Xu dying was high because of Wangji and Wuxian being immortal. The indoctrination was coming up fast though, and the two worried about what would happen. They prepared with an extra sword and hid their personal swords in their dimension rings. After making sure everyone was safe for the time being, Wangji and Wuxian were on their way to Qishan. Since all of the Wens died that ambushed the sect, they cannot really say who killed who. Though Wangji and Wuxian would still be a target.

***

Wangji and Wuxian arrived to the indoctrination site and made their way to their spots. So far, they were okay. Wuxian wasn't happy as he realized Yanli would be here. She was an immortal and able to protect herself but as the leader and only one able to fully represent her sect, she was to be there.

"A'Jie, promise me you will try to be safe," Wuxian said.

"You better do the same," Yanli said.

"You have my word," Wuxian told her.

"How are you doing?" She asked.

"I am okay, everyone back at Cloud Recesses is okay," Wuxian said, "there is some damage and some minor injuries but everyone should make it through."

"That's good to hear," Yanli said, "I have to ask, there is already a good evacuation plan set but are you able to help me if we are in need of assistance if we are attacked?"

"Of course, you also have a way to call Wai Po," Wuxian said.

"I was just making sure," she said, "once everything is settled down, as I am now running the sect, do you think we could work on a new alliance?"

"We will speak with my brother and uncle," Wangji assured her, "but I am sure we can help."

"Thank you," she said.

Wuxian turned his full attention to Wangji, "I have a feeling that this indoctrination is going to be very difficult."

"We can get through it," Wangji said, "we can both sense and reach each other through our bond so we are safe. As we are married, we are to be together in everything anyway."

"Silence!" A Wen disciple yelled to the group, "Second Master Wen Chao has arrived!"

Everyone was silent and stood in line. When Chao scanned over the disciples, "look at all you disrespectful dogs," Wen Chao said, "you are now in my domain, any mischief or lack of paying attention will result in punishment."

Wei Wuxian sighed and then saw a man walk up beside him. He heard about this man a few times and now seeing him in person, he wanted nothing more than to end his life as he was responsible for ending so many lives and cultivation bases on other people by crushing their golden core that they spent their life on.

"Wen Zhuliu here, will be one of the examples of punishment," Wen Chao said, "that being said, before we continue, I do not need any of you to think you could rebel against us, hand in your swords!"

Just as Wangji and Wuxian suspected, as to why they brought different swords and hid their real swords. It was a struggle for some to hand over their weapons as a cultivator's sword is like their other half. Very rarely would you see anyone without it. Wuxian and Wangji handed theirs in with no problem, though they could see Wen Chao looking at them every so often. If they didn't know any better, it seemed that Wen Chao was already plotting something terrible.