The Pool (chapter 3)

• Gewidmet Michael Ostrovsky

After Drew went home I thought about the day, well about Mason. Wouldn't you? Anyways, at home I was practicing new cheerleading routines. I got a phone call from Shay. I pick up and say "Hey Shay."

"What's wrong couz?" she asks.

"Nothing, it's nothing, just nothing...." I sigh.

Okay so I know I'm making it obvious that something's wrong, but still. I need to talk to someone about this, might as well be Shay....

"It doesn't sound like nothing's wrong, what's up?" she questioned me.

"When I woke up, I was late and missed the bus. I found out daddy wasn't going to the aquarium and the new movie I really wanted to see! Then I went downstairs hungry and got a phone call from Dre-" I realize that Shay doesn't know Drew's my boyfriend, "somebody," I correct myself, "and before that person came, I decided I should go for a walk, and I saw that I had new neighbors. I didn't really meet them properly, but whatever. Then when my friend came over we went to the park, and I did a cheerleading routine, and he saw everything! He was wearing a bathing suit, and I said 'good day' and walked away with my friend really embarrassed. I ate pizza, watched a movie, and here I am, all alone, wondering." I say slowly, as if registering this information myself.

"Harsh!" she replies.

"Tell me about it!" I say. We talk about my mysterious neighbor. 

"He has incredible gold hair, and matching tan skin. Sky Blue eyes, a heavenly smile, an 8 pack! He is hot!" I smile, eyes twinkling.

"Huh, I'm trying to find reasons why you two are not perfect for each other! Does he have any brothers?" Shay says.

"Way more than a few!" I answer her.

"Try me." she says.

"Four brothers and two sisters not including him, seven in total!" I say.

"Well, I've been proven," she jokes "so you and this guy...."

I cut her off "are barely even friends!" I say practically shouting. 

Although I was somewhat concentrated on the conversation with Shay, because something caught my eye down the block. The window didn't really have much of a view, so I went outside. Still talking to Shay, I was totally spaced on her and my full focus was on the thing that caught my eye. I go onto the pavement and bike ride to my friend Luyson's house.

I say goodbye to Shay and I ride up into the back of Luyson's house, and park in her backyard. I skip to the front, and ring the doorbell. I hear a few laughs and footsteps. Lys (my nickname for Luyson) opens the door and says "Hey! I thought you said you weren't coming?  I invited a cousin, well a few actually. Yay!" Lys gives me a huge hug.

"Should I go back to get a bathing suit?" I ask Lys because I see her wearing a bathing suit.

"Don't sweat it! I remembered your birthday is in like a month, and I got you a bathing suit for a present because I know how much you love to surf and swim. A few cousin's are over though, you care?" Lys answers and asks.

"OMG thanks, and sure. Now it's my turn to say 'don't sweat it!'"

We laugh together.

She hands me the bathing suit. I take a peek at it and say "Thanks! I love it! But you really didn't have to-" I start

"IT'S FINE!" she says over my voice.

"Thanks! By any chance did you see something down the street?" I ask. "Yes, like I said my cousin are over." she says "Oh yes, forgot. Be right there!" I yell running down the hallway quickly.  

I change into my bathing suit and look at my reflection in the mirror. Wow, the bathing suit was beautiful and made me look girly, yet athletic. It was a bikini. It showed off my abs and muscles. It felt comfy and damn I looked good in it! The top was black outlined with neon blue. The design on one shoulder caps and the left side was strapless. The design on the bottom Hawaiian flower that kind of looked like a tulip on the right side of my bikini. The bottom was simple; it was black shorts with neon blue outlining and it said on the back of it: 'Born to surf'.  

I go to her pool wearing the bathing suit, and I hear voices. Luyson's voice saying:

"It's fine, just go in!" and I see her push someone, probably her cousin.

Then I hear a deeper sexy voice mumble something ad realize that I'm by the pool. The shape mutters something to Lys and says "Go on in Danz, we'll be right there!" and I can sense her smiling.

I go to the diving board and get ready to dive. 

I don't know what's up with her, but she was fine before. I decide I shouldn't be worried and get involved because nothing ever good happens. I look back where I thought I heard her, and saw a bright blinding light.

Whatever.

I heard a creak and something snap.

I hope that's not baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

The last thing I recall before the splash was something that felt like protective hands hovering around me.

Author's note: Hey guys! What do you think of my story? Please please please vote comment and fan! You have no idea how much I appreciate my followers and I am truly honored. Thank you guys so much!