Mr. Barnes Motel (chapter 23)

Drew takes me to the car. The whole while we were walking to the car, I was wondering if I'd see Mason. I hope.

Drew opens the car door for me, closes it, and runs to the other side of the car and jumps in.

I feel a pair of eyes on me. I look in Tyler's car and the windows are tinted. I can't see anything. But...I hear something...

I squint in confusion. "You okay?" Drew asks.

"Fine," I say, looking away from Tyler's car. When I look back and hear nothing. It was dead silent.

"So you want to tell me what happened, or...?" Drew asks. I tell Drew about everything. While I explain everything, I once glance at the car, watching it fade in the distance.

****

We were both wet and I'm freezing. I reach for the heater. Drew stops me. His hands are so warm. I wish my hands were that warm.

"Don't put on the heat," He says. I give him a questioning look. "It wastes gas," He answers. I nod.

"You cold?" Drew asks as he sees me shiver.

"No!" I say sarcastically. Then I laugh and reply, "Yeah, a little."

"Your lips are blue. I can warm them up for you, if you know what I mean..." Drew says.

"1)Well I did almost just drown. 2) You dirty boy!" I say in a obvious tone.

"Yeah, I'm getting used to that. You drowning I mean." He jokes. "Who pulled you out?" Drew asks.

"Erm...I-I-I don't know." I quickly stutter.

Drew looks me directly in the eye for a slight second. "You know you're a terrible liar, right?" Drew asks. I shiver. That's what Mason said. "What's wrong?" Drew asks worried.

"Just getting a little nausious." I lie.

"Alright," He says concerned. "We'll stop in a nearby motel."

Ha! I just lied! I think.

We stop by a motel that was just around the corner. We walk inside, hand in hand. The manager looks up and his gaze locks on me. I know I'm wearing a skirt that's knee-length and a pretty low shirt, that is um--a little bit see through because of the rain..but sheesh! Don't stare, it's rude!

This pervert sees my polka dot bikini! If only Roland were here to sing that song. Speaking of Roland; I have to kill him.

"One room please." Drew says giving the manager a glare to stop looking at me.

"How long will you be staying with us?" The manager asks, still staring at me with (what seemed to be) fascination and pervertocity...if that's even a word!

This time I answer glaring at him to stop staring at me with a voice that can cut through glass, "One night."

He reluctantly tears his eyes away from my chest. He typed some stuff on his computer quickly, ocasionally looking up at me. Then he dramatically clicks enter. He hands us two keys and says; "Check out by two PM tomorrow."Drew and I take it and walk to our room.

"You have an extra pair of clothes?" Drew asks. I motion towards my bag and nod. "You?" I ask."I always have an extra pair of clothes in my car." Drew replies.

We open the room and it's M-A-ZING! But...there is only one bed. "I can sleep on the floor if that makes you more comfortable." Drew says.

"It's--fine." I say awkwardly.

"So..." He says. THERE GOES THAT WORD AGAIN!

"I'll take a shower and you should get your extra pair of clothes from your car." I say.