The Truth (chapter 24)

Mason stands there with all his glory.

"You have no right being here." Drew says pissed off.

"Yeah, but I'm trying to save Danz from making the biggest mistake of her life." Mason says flatly.

Drew gets out from under the covers and steps towards Mason protectively for me.

Mason gets up and asks, "Do you want to take this outside?"

If I can see everything from under these covers, can they see me through it also?

"Sure, Let me just put my pants on first." Drew says.

Leave it to Drew to say what is on his mind when he is about to fight!

Mason's phone rings. He picks it up annoyed. "What?" He snaps. "Now is NOT  a good time." A pause. "Give me a minute." He says into the phone and then throws his phone on my bed. "It's Lys." He says to me. "Danz, I know you're there." Mason says facing my direction. My breathing becomes fast. "I hear you breathing." I suck in my breathe. "It's probably a smarter idea, if you come out from under the blanket, and breathe." Mason says. I roll my eyes.

My hand grabs his phone from on top of the covers and I say, "Lys!"

She freaks out on me; "Where are you? What happened? Who took you anywhere? Where are you?"

"In-somewhere. Nothing. Drew and again...somewhere." I answer his questions in order.

Then Lys sounds like she is wrestling someone...one of her cousins.

"Hello?" Jacob asks.

"Hey," I say uncertain.

"So..." Jacon says. THERE GOES THAT FRIGGIN WORD AGAIN!

"Sorry," He says apologetically.

"For what?" I ask confused.

"Here's Tyler," Jacob says quickly.

"Hi," Tyler says.

"Hi," I reply. "Do you know what's going on?" I ask.

"I've got as much as a clue as you." Tyler replies.

"That helps," I joke sarcastically.

"Yeah." Tyler says.

"Well since I'm talking to the Sparks boys...not including Roland...where's Gabriel?" I say shrugging.

“Hi,” I hear Gabriel say.

All the Sparks boys voices all sound so charming, and deep, so…male.

“Am I on speakerphone?” I ask.

“Noooooo…unless you want to be…” He says trailing off.

He kind of reminds me of Drew… I think.

>.< Roland POV >.<

Mason reads Danz’s mind. He growls. SNAP!

“Mason.” I say whispering in his ear using astrial projection because I’m there, but I’m not. “Relax.” I say. He relaxes a little.

“Danz I know you’re there,” I hear him say so Danz who is still under the covers. “Danz say something!” Mason exclaims.

“No…” She says. I smile, although no one can see me…because I’m still using my skill of astrial projection.

Mason walks over to her and throws off her covers. She is wearing a matching Victoria’s Secret turquoise and black lace set of bra and underwear.

SNAP! I lick my lips.

Jacob grabs me and snaps me out of it. I glare at him.

“Bro, you were getting all horny over Mason’s girl!” He says in his defense. “Once you calm down.”

I’m missing all the good stuff!

~Danz POV~

I gasp as the huge breeze hits my body.

“Mason!” I exclaim in shock. I grab the covers up again, heating my body.

“I told you I knew you were there.” Mason says smirking.

I roll my eyes. “Where’s Drew?” I ask.

“Sleeping.” Mason says simply.

“Sleeping?” I ask skeptic.

“I-“ Mason starts.

“Pushed his pressure point?” I answer for him.

“Yeah,” He admits.

“Been there, done that,” I say.

“Really?” Mason asks.

“Yeah, before we were together.” I reply.

“Nice,” Mason says sitting next to me on the bed.

I scoot over on the bed and I’m uncomfortable having Mason this close to me when there was another male this close to me minutes ago, on this very exact bed.

Just then the manager kicks the door down. Are managers supposed to be…inhumanly strong?

“There you are my precious…” The manager, if he is EVEN a MANAGER (!), said with a lisp because of the huge fangs that grew out from his gums.

“That’s not normal.” I state the obvious. Mason nods. “But then again; who knows what’s even normal anymore?” I exclaim. Mason nods again.

The manager, Earl (this time I bothered to look at his name tag. I doubt it’s his actual name, but seriously, which daemons name is Earl?!?!!?), stares at Drew licking his lips.

Mason, with IMPOSSIBLE speed throws Earl into the wall, crushing the wall.

“Boss will not be happy about that!” The daemon, with that ANNOYING lisp, spits.

“That’s gross.” I say disgusted, scrunching up my face.

“You get used to it.” Mason says looking at me seriously.

I stare at Mason. Who is he? Mason looks away and then back at me.

“I advice you look away.” He says warning me. I hide under the covers.

I hear a malignant cracking noise.

I peek above the covers to see the manager dead on the ground, with some blood running down his dislocated neck. Mason wipes his bloody hands on the manager’s shirt. I see a large amount of blood by the manager’s chest area by his heart, his shirt ripped.

“D-d-d-did you?” I stutter.

“Told you not to look,” Mason says honestly lifting up one shoulder.

GROSS!

My vampire senses kick in and I smell it’s heart in the other room where it crashed into.

No! Not now! I think.

I stay human; well I’ve never FULLY human anymore since my tenth birthday. I’m either in vampire mode, a mermaid—but have to control when I become one or not, but I still am mermaid although I can’t breathe underwater unless I’m in mermaid form. Complicated, I know.

Mason walks over to me, and sits on the bed. Looking me straight in the eyes he says; “Danz. You’re not normal. You’re the daughter or Poseidon and Angelina. You’re not human. And neither am I.”