Denial (chapter 29)

"Hmmm!" I groggy as I almost roll off the chair on the balcony. A pair of muscular arms caught me. "Wow there," Mason says, gently pulling me back up on the chair.

"Mornin'" I say smiling tiredly up at him.

"Good morning," He replies back smiling too.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"11:20, Why?" Mason answers and asks.

I sigh. "It's my turn to walk Sammy today! And I NEED to talk with Lys AND DREW." I say. Mason nods understanding. "You know I mastered my force feild? You can't read my mind!" I taunt. He nods his head yes, as like yes he can. "Nuhuh!" I tease like a child. He nods yes again. "Oh really? Then try!" I exclaim.

"Wow. Nothing! I'm very proud of you!" Mason says pleased, giving me a peck on the lips.

I nod, smiling and taking all the praise in. "But I do have to go." I say.

"Fine. But just don't push Drew. He'll tell you when he's ready." Mason says serious.

Since when did Mason care for Drew? I think.

"I don't," Mason says.

"Huh? I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU COULDN'T READ MY MIND!" I exclaim.

"I can't, you're just very predictable." Mason says. I make a offended noise in my throat. "BUT I love you anyways," Mason says quickly.

"Mhm." I pretend playing suspicious, and then smiling. He smiles in return. "By Mase." I say giving him a peck on his lips.

"Mase?" He questions.

"It works okay?!?!?!?" I yell.

"Bye." He says giving me a wink.

I transport to Lys' bed room. She walks into her room in her PJs, obviously just have woken up. It's 11:25 already woman! Wake up!

"What are you doing here?" She asks. "Did Rosemary let you in?" Lys asks.

Rosemaria, or Rosemary for a nickname, is Lys' cleaning lady who comes every Thursday to tidy up the house. Along with many others.

"Nope. Transportation. So hey," I say totally caasual and then exclaim, "WHY DID YOU NEVER TELL ME YOU WERE AN ANGEL??!!?!?!"

She stops walking to her dresser in her tracks. "How...?" She asks, trying to act busy picking through her clothing and changing into jean shorts and a strapless top.

"Mason told me." I say blushing, interested to watch her reaction.

She freezes again.  "I don't know what you're talking about." She says flatly.

"Okay; so you're in denial, or you think I don't know anything." I say back, same amount of flatness in my tone.

She sighs and turns towards me, her hand on her hip. "What exactly did Mason tell you?" She asks skeptic.

"Well, EVERYONE told me something, but he told me the main part." I answer.

"Danz?" Lys asks, totally not believing me.

"Where is my best friend? The one who looks out for me and believes me?" I ask, feeling like crying.Lys flinches.

I take my force feild down (for Mason) and think; Did you tell Lys something?

A second later Mason replies in my head: 'No, she as Jacob says is feeling remorse for not believing you.'

Oh. I think.

'Yep.' He says.

CAN YOU JUST TELL PERVERT ROLAND TO STOP WATCHING ME????!?!!!!!? I think exclaim.