Powers (chapter 26)

I point to the picture. They all laugh nervously.

Jacob comes in and sees me looking at them to back at the picture. “She saw it?” He asks.

I swear the Sparks are multiplying over the seconds… I think.

“You’re right,” Mason says.

“Huh? Oh.” I say.

Damn thoughts! I think. Uch I thought again! UCH I thought again! STOP! I think to myself. Mason smiles. You were listening to my thoughts again, weren’t you? I think. Mason nods yes.

Everybody in the room knows Mason is reading my thoughts.

“Where’s Tyler?” I ask no one in particular.

“Wait for it,” Hailey says.

Tyler runs in and the door falls down.

“Not again!” Valerie exclaims.

“Remind me to NEVER get him angry!” I say to everyone.

Tyler smirks. Then he awkwardly tries to fit the door hinges from the door into the bent ones on the door post back. He gives us and just throws it against the wall, nearly crushing the wall. I gives a ‘oops!’ face. Haha, poor Tyler.

“Ty! That was the fourth door this past month…and its only been three weeks into the month!” Valerie screams.

“It’s not my fault! They’re just scared of me!” Tyler says defending himself.

They’re not the only ones! I think. Mason cracks up. Every head, including mine which just looked up because I was on his lap, turn to watch Mason out of breath  from laughing.

Okay, you gotta stop reading my thoughts! I think scold.

AND YOUR BEST IDEA TO SHUT ME UP IS TO MAKE ME CONTINUE DOING WHAT I WAS DOING IN ORDER TO NOW TO STOP? INTERESTING THEORY. A booming voice said in my head.

I scream and fall…right into Roland’s arms. Roland smirks and I hit him. My hand hurts because he is like rock solid! Roland smirks again. My hand really hurts!

“Allow me,” Mason says as he takes me off his lap and stands up. He punches Roland straight across the face.

“OWNED!” I shout at Roland.

Roland clutches reddened cheek. He gets up and punches Mason uppercut with such force that Mason flew up to the ceiling.

Ah, brotherly love.

I feel angry. My eyes burn. My teeth throw fangs. My cheekbones get more defined. My fists clench. My eyes turn Red. I get up on tiptoe to be Roland’s height.

“You don’t scare me.” Roland says huffing out his (muscular) chest.

“I should.” I say.

I punch his straight across this face like Mason did but harder (if possible). He falls to the ground after spinning around. I kick his stomach so he can’t breathe. I pick up my hand and control gravity, pulling him up with it. It’s weird. It’s like I’m doing stuff subconsciously. Roland looks around frantically.

Mason puts his (soft, smooth, perfect temperature, nice) hands on my shoulders, and I lose all concentration for a moment. Within that moment, Roland drops from the ceiling and would have had his face smashed against the floor, but I caught him and brought him back up in the air to the ceiling.

“Relax,” Mason whispers soothingly in my ear. I relax. “Let Roland go,” Mason whispers. I drop Roland and almost killed him, but Mason uses mind control to make me use gravity and grabs my hand, bringing it back up with Roland and puts Roland on Valerie’s bed.