Chapter 31

·

Jungkook had laughed for a long time because of her reaction. He didn't even know why he found it so funny. But he couldn't help laughing his heart out. But as soon as his laughter vanished, a serious expression appeared on his face. His eyes ran over the books placed carefully on the shelf as he voiced out, "I had been trying to corrupt you for years and yet I failed. How come in just two days, your husband managed to change your bookish definition of the honeymoon?" He had a look of admiration as he went on, "I shouldn't have doubted Master Taehyung's abilities. He is indeed mighty as people say."

"How did my definition change?" she asked as she leaned against the side of her desk. "The short amount of time at the beginning of a new relationship, activity, or pursuit when everything goes well and seems to be free of problems is known as 'A honeymoon period.'" Jungkook's head whipped around so fast that he almost got whiplash. "I was telling you that you just need to start a new activity and that'd be counted as being on honeymoon. You definitely don't need to get married to experience the joy of a honeymoon. What were you thinking?"

A vein on Jungkook's temple throbbed making him want to strangle her. "Do you really think I'm a fool?" Roseanne nodded her head without even thinking and he let out a chuckle, "Indeed. You do treat me like a fool. I shouldn't even be bothering questioning that."

"Why do you bother then?" she retorted.

*Knock! Knock!*

With two knocks, the door of her office was slightly opened and Lisa's head appeared in Roseanne's sight. "Chief, where would you like to have your lunch?"

Roseanne beckoned her inside, "Right here."

"Oh, okay," replied Lisa before she brought the tray of food inside. She had to go back and forth to bring in all the dishes and set it all up on the table. "Is there anything else you want?" She asked looking at Roseanne and Jungkook.

"This is enough," said Jungkook as he went to wash his hands to get prepared to eat.

"Then I'll take my leave," said Lisa and was about to turn to leave when Roseanne stopped her.

"Just sit down and eat with us."

Lisa was flattered to hear that offer and hurriedly nodded her head. As the three of them sat down together to eat, Roseanne couldn't help noticing the way her assistant had been staring at her best friend with starry eyes.

"Lisa," she called out. "What's with that look in your eyes?"

Lisa lowered her eyes and said, "Actually, Chief, since the time you told me that he is an idol, I had been..."

"Stalking him online?" Roseanne suggested a suitable word from her vocabulary for Lisa.

"It's not stalking," argued Lisa. "It's called the process of becoming a fangirl." She continued to stare at Jungkook's handsome face as she gushed, "The moment I heard you sing, my heart just went 'thump thump'. I'm too old to do this but I couldn't help it. You're an amazing singer."

Jungkook smiled at her and then looked at Roseanne, "I am so happy to see that you have such capable employees. They are neither blind nor deaf like you." Roseanne didn't even react to the way he was trying to insult her. And that too before her assistant. "Miss Lisa, I feel like we'd make good friends."

Lisa grinned at him, "If you ever have to write a resume, please do add... 'I'm a nutter, but I sing like butter. Every word that I utter, will make your heart flutter.'"

Jungkook laughed out at that. He pointed at Roseanne, "I have something similar about your boss as well." Lisa leaned over to hear it with anticipation bubbling in her eyes. "Roseanne Park... 'I talk like a cutter, so I make people stutter.'"