Chapter 58

Sungjae stared at Taehyung before turning his gaze towards Roseanne whose attention was still on the interesting 'toy' in her hands.

"This..." Sungjae didn't know what to say. He couldn't be rude to her. She was not only Taehyung's wife, she was also Park Dae-Hwan's precious granddaughter. Besides, he didn't have a habit of talking rudely to women. "That's not a toy."

"I know," replied Roseanne. "It's Glock 17 Gen 4 pistol. Much lighter than its predecessor, the Browning pistol. And even the accuracy is much higher." She took out the loaded magazine and showed it to him saying, "See, even the magazine capacity is 17 x 9mm rounds compared to the 13 rounds of Browning pistol."

Sungjae was gawking at her now speechlessly. After laughing speechlessly, he pointed out, "You definitely know your stuff, Miss Roseanne." He took a pause before adding, "I assume, you've played with these dangerous toys before?"

Roseanne put the magazine in, stood up, and pointed the gun at his forehead as she asked blandly, "Guess!"

He wanted to snatch the gun from her hand. He didn't think she was playing around. Something about her was making him feel uneasy. He really wanted to know how Taehyung was seemingly so calm with a wife like this around.

"If you guessed it wrong, there will be a penalty," she added.

Sungjae narrowed his eyes at her, "Penalty?"

Roseanne slowly gave him a nod, "I'll make you jump in this river."

"You really hold grudges," said Sungjae. "I already apologized for not showing up at that blind date."

"Roseanne Park doesn't have a habit of holding grudges. If I have an issue with you, rather than waiting for an opportunity, I'll just strike." She gave him a look, "And right now, I do have an issue with you."

"What did I do?" asked Sungjae. "Don't tell me it's because I ruined your romantic date night!"

"You made my Sooya upset," she stated calmly.

Only then did it click in Taehyung's mind. During the dinner, when Sungjae's name was brought up, Jisoo was indeed upset. And even though Roseanne was focused on eating, she had noted that down in her memory.

"I don't like people who make my people frown in displeasure," Roseanne added. And the way she said 'my people' made Taehyung wonder if he was a part of that now.

Sungjae couldn't use force on her and didn't want to take a risk with her either as he calmly told her, "Don't shoot. I'll have to write a report for each bullet. So, don't shoot!" He then looked at Taehyung asking for help.

Taehyung finally sighed out and said, "Wife, give the gun back to him."

Roseanne looked at Taehyung for a while in silence before she threw the gun back at Sungjae who caught it swiftly. He didn't even have to say it twice and she obediently gave the gun back to Sungjae. To say Sungjae was shocked would be an understatement. How long did these two even know each other? What the hell was wrong with this spark of chemistry flying between them?

"For your information, this was my first time holding a real gun," said Roseanne. "Anything that remotely comes close to the word, 'dangerous' has always been kept away from me."

"Then how do you know about the gun in detail?" inquired Sungjae and he couldn't even hide his surprise from showing in his voice and from his face as well.

"If one has an interest, one can find anything," replied Roseanne. "Just because I have never held a gun before doesn't mean that I don't have the theoretical knowledge about it."