Chapter 32

·

On the other hand, when Jisoo hung up the phone, she looked really exhausted. Raising a genius like Roseanne wasn't an easy job. Because she was just as much a fool as much as she was a genius. It was not only tiring to talk to her but also very difficult. However, Jisoo never thought it like that.

She was true to her words when she said that Roseanne was only special. Only she knew how much special Roseanne was to her. And that's why no one else could understand her yearning to see that beautiful baby girl of hers to be happy. She knew she couldn't expect Roseanne to be like normal people around her. That'd be too much to ask for.

However, she did wish to see her getting the happiness she deserved. She was the one who had seen Roseanne struggling to become a part of this society. Because of her differences, she had to put effort more than a normal person to try to fit in. Although it seemed like Roseanne didn't care about fitting in with the rest of the people but it wasn't completely true.

If it was true, why would she try so hard to read people's body language to understand their emotions? She had studied humans in such detail that even a single frown on someone's face, she would be able to interpret it perfectly. People called her an insensitive person, so she tried to become sensitive to her surroundings.

"Was she still at the office?"

Jisoo's daydreaming was broken short when she heard Grandfather Park's voice. She stayed silent in reply but he understood her meaning which made him sigh heavily.

"It was my fault to expect too much from her," said Grandfather Park.

"Dad, don't say it like that," Jisoo would usually never talk back to Grandfather Park since she respected him the most in her life but whenever it was about her Roseanne, she would shot back at anyone. Roseanne was her reverse scale and even Grandfather Park knew it. "Our Roseanne needs some time to get used to it all."

"You just have to take her side, eh?" he questioned with an arched brow.

Jisoo lowered her eyes and hesitated before saying, "If I won't do it, who would?" She took a pause and added, "You're always giving her a hard time."

Grandfather Park gaped at her in disbelief, "I'm giving her a hard time?"

"Well, you do have quite some high expectations from her," said Jisoo. "She is amazing but she also needs some time to understand new things. Especially, relationships. She is also having a hard time."

Grandfather Park shook his head at her words. He also knew that. He looked carefully at Jisoo's expressions and asked, "What are you thinking about?"

Jisoo bit her bottom lip and hesitated for a long while. "Dad, do you think it's because of me that she is having such a hard time?" Grandfather Park was stunned to hear her words of doubt. "Do you think she'd have been different if instead of me, she grew up with her mother?"

"Jisoo!" Grandfather Park's voice raised an octave.

Jisoo wasn't fazed by his voice as she continued, "Maybe I didn't do as good a job in raising her as her parents would have been able to do so."

Grandfather Park beckoned her to come closer. She obediently stepped closer to him and sat down on the stool to come to his level. Grandfather Park pulled her ear making her gasp as he said, "Who allowed you to say such nonsense? Should I bring Rosie to tell you what kind of a job you have done in raising her?" Jisoo pursed her lips as he went on, "Her mother or both of her parents wouldn't have been able to do a better job than you. And I warned you, never to speak about them before me."