Chapter 34

From her words, he gathered another thing about her. She didn't actually associate the moments with happiness. She associated happiness with just a few people in her life. Either it was her grandfather, Jisoo, or her best friend. All of those people were very special to her and that's why no matter what they did, she'd associate the meaning of happiness with them.

The irony was she didn't even understand it herself.

Even after ten minutes, Roseanne was still looking at the credit card in her hands. There was definitely no change in her expressions but Taehyung found this scene too cute.

"You can put it away now," he said.

Roseanne shifted her eyes away from the card and said, "Oh, I should say thank you for this, right?"

Taehyung didn't think there was a need for that but for some reason, he asked, "How are you going to say thank you?"

Roseanne blinked at him blankly before she moved over to his side of the bed and caught him by surprise when she kissed him on his forehead. It was exactly how he had done it earlier during dinner. Softly and gently her lips had made contact with his skin.

"Is that enough to say thank you?" he arched his brow at her as the corner of his lips curved up in a lop-sided grin.

"Do you have time tomorrow after work?" she inquired.

"I'm planning on giving all my time to my wife," he replied. "Why? What are you up to now?"

"Let's go shopping tomorrow," she said. "To say my thank you properly, I'll buy you whatever you want with my new credit card." She even showed him the card that was still in her hand.

Taehyung bit his lip before saying, "So, you're going to buy me a gift with the card I gave you?"

"You said it's mine," she retorted. "I'm allowed to do whatever I want to do with it. But if you don't like the offer..."

"I like it," he hurriedly spoke out before she could change her mind. "I'll take the offer."

Roseanne clicked her fingers saying, "That's more like it."

Taehyung smiled to himself watching her as she put the credit card carefully in her cardholder before coming back to the bed.

"Wifey..."

"Yes, hubby!"

Taehyung pursed his lips and almost forgot what he wanted to say. It really felt different every time she called him 'Hubby'. He cleared his throat before asking, "Earlier you were playing games with my father."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"You seemed quite skilled."

"That's because I've played that game before," she answered.

Taehyung's brows raised up in surprise, "Do you have time to play games?"

"I don't," she replied honestly. "But Sooya said games help us in relaxing. Also, she added, playing games is better than playing with someone's emotions. Although I don't know what she meant by that, I'd still follow her. Whenever. Wherever. However. I'd just follow her."

"I just didn't think a book fanatic like you would actually have any interest in games. It really is a surprise." He honestly thought this way. He had seen how much she preferred to spend her time with her books, it was shocking that she'd actually play games as well.

"Well, although I don't play games on daily basis, it's not like I don't play at all. But I don't play alone and usually, the one to join me in my gaming adventure is my best friend."