Chapter 39

Taehyung looked at this 'semantic error' of his life and the corner of his lips couldn't help lifting up even further. Meanwhile, Roseanne's focus was still solely on the food. Taehyung also lifted his cutlery to eat as well.

His life had been monotonous for years now. And he often felt like his life had turned into the palette of gray. But meeting Roseanne was like someone was introducing him back to every shade of colors. He felt like she was like a palette of all the gorgeous colors life had to offer and slowly, those gorgeous colors were beginning to repaint his monotonous world.

Every shade of grey in his life was being introduced to every shade of red. As for why he thought of the color red... His eyes fell on Roseanne's slightly moist lips. Her naturally red lips were just as enticing as they had been when he first met her. And now that she was wearing a red suit, he could say that red was definitely her color. And if red was her color, then wasn't it obvious that she'd paint his monotonous life with her color?

"Rosie, what took you so long over the phone call?" asked Jungkook after a moment of silently eating.

"Had to deal with somethings," replied Roseanne vaguely.

When Roseanne didn't answer him clearly he looked at Taehyung and said, "Master Taehyung, would you like to hear something exciting about your wife?"

Taehyung's brows raised up slightly, "Well, why not?" He took a pause and added, "But please stop calling me Master Taehyung. I'd be glad if you called me by my name instead."

"Your wife might not be peculiar about her food but she is peculiar about the people who can stay in her life," stated Jungkook. Roseanne's hand paused slightly but she didn't lift her eyes to look at them and continued to eat again. "So, don't ever look down on yourself. Roseanne Park wouldn't marry just anyone."

Taehyung nodded his head, "I know. She already told me that she married me because I'm handsome. That's my redeeming quality."

Jungkook looked at his best friend, "Seriously?"

Roseanne finally spared him a glance as she said, "What? Did I say anything wrong? Is he not handsome?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes at her, "You and your obsession with beautiful things."

"I'm not obsessed with beautiful things," retorted Roseanne.

"And you don't even realize that you're obsessed with beautiful things." Jungkook shook his head at her and looked at Taehyung, "Don't take her words to heart. No, actually do take it to heart. It's not every day she calls someone handsome."

"Really?" questioned Taehyung as his brows jumped up.

"Yes, really! Even I'm just called pretty in her eyes. I'm not at the level of being handsome in her eyes." Jungkook told Taehyung without hesitation. He felt like there wasn't a need to hide anything from Taehyung since the latter was his best friend's husband now. "She has never called me handsome in the past 15 years. The meaning of beauty in her eyes is very different."

"Oh," responded Taehyung. "I'm feeling honored once again." He had a playful smile on his lips as he added, "At least, my good looks have some value now."

Jungkook chuckled at that. He had heard about how hard it was to deal with Taehyung. But meeting him again, he didn't feel like those rumors could be trusted. Maybe Taehyung did change after his divorce but all Jungkook could see was how Taehyung was rather an easygoing and understanding person. And quite mature. Just what his best friend needed!

"Rosie , do you know mom wanted me to invite you both home for dinner?"

Roseanne put down her fork and knife and turned to look at Jungkook, "Why didn't you tell me that sooner? We could have saved this trip."