Chapter 56

After lunch, even though Jisoo and Aera wanted Roseanne and Taehyung to stay but both ladies didn't say it. They both knew it was important for Taehyung and Roseanne to spend more and more time alone to cultivate feelings and to understand each other better. It was already noon, it'd be better if they could send them on a romantic night out!

Roseanne had never been the kind of person who would spend hours saying just a simple goodbye. It was just one word, how hard was it to say? And how long did it take to say it? That's why she had already come out of the house while Taehyung was still pleasantly chatting with the ladies. He was gentle and very respectful towards the elders and that anyone could see.

Jungkook followed Roseanne out and said, "Taehyung Hyung is really amazing. It's rare to see my mother getting impressed by someone so easily."

"He is my husband," was Roseanne's answer.

Jungkook looked at her face. Did she really have to show-off like that? He knew that already! Just because she was amazing, her husband had to be amazing! He really got that logic of hers already! There was no need to repeat it over and over again.

"How many times are you gonna repeat that?" questioned Jungkook in exasperation. "Like a broken record!"

Roseanne turned her eyes towards him, "I can repeat it for as long as I want. Do you think anyone can stop me?"

Jungkook shook his head, "No, your highness! Who would dare stop you? Mere mortals like us can't challenge monsters like you. Oops, my mistake! I meant, immortals like you."

Roseanne gazed into his eyes, "Jungkook, there isn't much difference between immortals, mortals, and monsters. Mortals are always the starting point. It's the mortals who ascend to heaven to become immortals and those are also mortals who descend to hell to take the shape of monsters! Don't forget that."

Jungkook blinked at her before he laughed out. It started as low laughter but soon, it got louder. He poked Roseanne's temple with his index finger before he said, "If you won't say such wise words, no one will think your IQ is declining." He took a pause and added, "I mean, don't always speak your wise words."

"Why? It's too much for your negative IQ?" questioned Roseanne.

Jungkook chuckled at her happily. He didn't get mad at all as he nodded, "Yeah. It's too much for my negative IQ. I feel attacked by your words." As they stood in silence, Jungkook looked at the rose in Roseanne's hand. He had actually noticed it as early as he had set his eyes on her today. But he thought she just picked it from inside his house since his mother loved to bring flowers home.

But now that Roseanne wasn't even letting it go, Jungkook had to rethink.

"Where did you get the rose?" he asked. Roseanne pointed towards Taehyung with her chin. "Your husband gave it?" Roseanne nodded in reply. "Wow!" He smiled at her as he said, "I also want to give you a pink rose."

Roseanne tore her gaze away from her rose and glanced back at Jungkook. "Why?"

"To say thanks," he replied. Seeing Roseanne's blank eyes, he went on, "Pink rose symbolizes gratitude and joy. And I want to give it to you not only to show my gratitude but also to show how happy I am right now because of you."

Roseanne caressed the petals softly as she wondered out loud, "Then why he gave it to me? To say thanks or express his happiness?"

"Maybe both," suggested Jungkook. Then he leaned close to whisper, "By the way, pink roses are also seen as a token of admiration. Now what meaning behind this rose is, only your husband can clear that mystery."