Chapter 8

The rim of the glass had just brushed against Taehyung's lips when he heard Roseanne's voice...

"Hey, neighbor!"

His movements halted ever so slightly as his eyes glanced at her.

"Do you know in all these people, who is Kim Taehyung?"

Taehyung's brows crinkled up and his eyes flashed but Roseanne wasn't looking at him at all. She looked like she was solely focused on looking for 'Kim Taehyung'. Not knowing that he was sitting right next to her. But Taehyung was wondering why she was suddenly looking for him?

"You know Master Taehyung?" he enquired, appearing nonchalant as if he wasn't really wasn't interested in this discussion at all.

"No," she responded frankly.

His brows jumped, "Then why are you looking for him?"

"Obviously, to get to know him," she didn't look overly enthusiastic, rather had a faint treacherous smile playing on her beautiful red lips. "If I won't even know under which mask he is hiding, how will I make his acquaintance?"

Taehyung rubbed his chin as he asked, "And why do you want to make his acquaintance?" He took a pause and went on, "Master Taehyung is infamous for his temperamental personality. He is cold, has a boring personality. He is always snapping at people unjustly. Also, he is very rude to the fairer sex. It's better to keep your distance from someone like him." Taehyung didn't even feel anything while badmouthing himself. Instead, he strangely felt excited in his heart for some reason. He wasn't lying though. Those were all the things he heard people talk about him. He was simply relaying it to her.

Unexpectedly, Roseanne had been listening intently to him and even looked to be in deep thought. Suddenly, she patted him on his shoulder saying, "That's what my Grandpa calls a match made in heaven! He is certainly my type of a guy!"

Taehyung's face twitched at her reaction. This was so not the reaction he was expecting to see. Did she take his words seriously or not? It seemed like she was thinking he was just joking.

"I'm not badmouthing Master Taehyung. He is exactly like that," he insisted unnecessarily on his words.

"I believe you," she replied with such sincere and steady gaze that Taehyung had no words left to add. She looked around earnestly and asked again, "So, where exactly can I find this Master Taehyung?"

Since this certain girl was not following the usual pattern, Taehyung sighed out, "Why are you even looking for him? Are you also one of those girls who try to climb up the social ladder?"

"Climb the social ladder? How?" Roseanne asked innocently.

Taehyung was, for the very first time, having trouble finding the right words to say in his life. Although Roseanne's words sounded simple and innocent, she definitely was on the wrong route!

"By rolling under the sheets with him," he finally found words that didn't sound too explicit.

Roseanne tapped her chin and nodded, "That sounds like a nice idea." Taehyung's head turned towards her at such a speed that he might have gotten whiplash. His stone-cold face finally had a reaction as he gaped at her in pure disbelief. Roseanne noticed his reaction and smiled at him saying, "I didn't mean climbing the social ladder part. The other one! That rolling under the sheets... That sounds fun."

Taehyung rubbed his earlobe which he had a habit of doing. In his monotonous life, this was really something interesting. Or rather, she seemed interesting for some bizarre reason. Fixing his mask, he said, "That dream of yours would never come true."