22

A cordon was erected around the central shopping mall building in the South District.

In front of the charred corpse covered with a white cloth, a middle-aged couple couldn't stand still and knelt directly on the ground.

The usual elegance of playing the piano was no longer there. Mother Jiang was heartbroken and almost fainted from crying. She leaned on the middle-aged man who was also crying beside her.

"How much it hurts Lili...a child he is so afraid of pain...it's all because of me, because I didn't protect him well..."

"Lao Jiang...Lao Jiang...how can I live..."

Jiang's father's eyes were red as if bleeding, but he was the head of the family, so even if he broke down, he had to deal with the matter in front of him. The funeral car was already waiting outside the venue. He took the pen and planned to sign the family confirmation letter, but I can't even point at the signature place with shaking hands.

Outside the chaotic scene, a luxurious black Rolls Royce was parked somewhere.

The man was resting with his eyes closed. A door of the car was open, and a middle-aged man with a straight figure stood beside him.

"Sir, the identity of the deceased has been confirmed. Now the funeral car is outside the venue, and the cremation should be complete within today."

Rong Zhen opened his eyes, his face was calm, and he asked, "Where is the relic?"

Cheng Yan: "It's all handed over to Jiang's parents."

Rong Zhen took out the lighter again, lit a cigarette slowly, and soon the smoke covered his eyes.

For the first time, Cheng Yan couldn't understand Rong Zhen's emotions. He tentatively said, "Sir, the bracelet you gave to Madam is also with Jiang's parents now. Do you want to get it back?"

"No."

Cheng Yan: "The ashes...?"

"Let the Jiang family take them all back."

Cheng Yan nodded hesitantly: "...Yes, sir."

After he finished speaking, Rong Zhen didn't ask any more questions, just played with the lighter in his hand with downcast eyes, opened it with a click, closed it again with a click, and so on.

Cheng Yan stood silently, and unconsciously looked in the direction of the building.

The onlookers were quickly evacuated by the police, the body was pushed onto the funeral car, and Jiang's mother locked the door of the car crying and refused to let go, and some staff came to dissuade her.

Jiang's father also said something, but Jiang's mother was very emotional all the time. While crying and shouting, her body suddenly softened and she passed out.

There was another rush.

Cheng Yan was in a complicated mood, he couldn't help asking in a low voice: "Sir, do you want to go home?"

Slap.

Rong Zhen switched on the lighter.

His voice was indifferent: "Go to Zhonghai."

Old Chen responded and started the car. Cheng Yan didn't dare to say anything else. He took a step back and said, "Sir, go slowly." Then he closed the car door.

The building has been completely blocked, busy but deserted.

The news that the former wife of the Rong family died in the building fire spread within a day, and what was more interesting than this news was that after Jiang Jili's body was carried out from the scene of the fire, Rong Zhen didn't even go to see it in person. At a glance, he went straight back to Zhonghai Bay that day.