23

Trigger warning. (flashback)

Shayla Jones

Shayla Jones.

The antisocial turned bitch as they said.

Everyone always thought Shayla got into the wrong crowd.

Why?

Freshmen year ball.

The day she turned the tables.

Not being dramatic but she did create some drama that day.

Does it have something to do with the pillow girls? Yes.

Shayla was Willow Smith's new bitch as what she called her at the ball.

Shocking? Nah.

Let me drop the shocking news.

V was Shayla's partner for the ball.

Huh, that was the very first year he started ignoring my existence but that's not the point. The point is, Shayla.

I met her on my first day at Hogwarts the moment I entered our dorm. But Rubi, the other Ravenclaw I shared our room with was sweet enough to introduce herself to me.

Days went by the same, me trying to befriend Shayla while she did her very best to stay isolated.

Maybe she loved being alone.

So I stopped bothering her then.

More days went by and turned into months, I did smile at her when we passed through the hallways and tried for conversations at night when we were at our dorms. What made me happier was that she tried to respond to me. Tried. Little closer but close.

A few years passed and it was still the same. Only, I wasn't friends with V anymore.

The girls and I were preparing for the ball when the news dropped. Shayla Jones was now part of the Quidditch team and also part of Willow's group.

The day after the ball, she started to hang out with them. Gradually her life turned into a whole mess, getting detentions, late-night hangouts, and late assignment submissions. Not surprising until the headmaster actually called her mother.

That night she actually came to the dorm with us. At some point, I wanted to hug her but closed the bathroom door as soon as I took a step toward her.

Shayla's mother was harsh as they said, she was a lawyer at the Council of magical law, a single parent. I've seen her at school many times. She was always tensed with Shayla's grades.

No doubt Shayla was intelligent, I could still remember the words said by the sorting hat during the sorting ceremony.

"RAVENCLAW! Pure, delicate, and Intelligent."