26

"Hey

"Hey." I jumped and closed my laptop, accidentally slamming it shut due to my surprise.

I looked up to see Rubi in the doorway, looking amused. "You scared me," I said.

She walked in and sat on the edge of the bed. "What'cha doin'?" The smile she gave me was bright, albeit a little tired. She had probably just gotten back from her date with Cheryl.

"Just looking at universities," I motion to the pamphlets around me.

It wasn't a lie. I was looking at universities.

Or, at least, I had been.

I had gotten curious about Annie- Shayla's mother- so I had Googled her. She was married to Victor Scott, which I already knew. I found out they had a 8 year old son named Sean too, which I wasn't sure how I felt about. The information was dated from 2020. Shayla has a brother too.

"Great, I did some research with Cher too. Apparently the scope is low for fashion designing." she sighs settling beside me. "What about you? What are you thinking of?"

"I'm thinking of Law like dad... Dad's law firm is doing great." I shrugged.

"Oh." her tone made be look up.

"You don't approve?"

She smiles nervously, "Well not that I don't like your choice... But will you settle for a muggle world instead of magic?"

"It's still under consideration. Wizarding world has some tough parts."

"You mean dangerous." she completes.

Yeah, dangerous.

I shook my head, and stood up glancing at the watch, "I gotta go and meet the elites," I gave her apologetic look, "See yaa?"

"Yaa, sure go ahead." she smiles and I leave the dorm.

I lied to her. I already met the elites.

I just didn't want to talk... My mind is so much diverted into the whole Shayla situation I couldn't focus not even my career choices.

I need to freshen up my mind.