24

"We were supposed to sit in the detention," I whispered as I followed him, carefully taking steps behind him

"Just follow."

Annoying ass.

I told him the whole story of that night but he remained silent. For a few seconds, he stared at my neck. I knew the mark was there but the uniform collar hid it.

After that, he just stood up and asked me to follow him and now we're in the middle of the forest.

Sometimes I wonder if he really is a human. No of course I know he is a human but with his no communication skills? He definitely passes for being a bat.

A bat of a brat. Idk what that means.

Not knowing, I carefully took my steps behind him just to crash into him. This guy needs to speak.

"The fuck," I hiss and step beside him, "Why'd you stop? Are we there yet?"

"shh..." he hushes me bounding an arm in front of me.

"Why?" I whisper as he kept looking up.

I glanced around to check what he was looking at only only to realise that we were closer to the area where Hagrid showed us Buckbeak.

"Can you see anything here? Like any kind of creature?" V whispers.

I glance around, "No."

"Are you sure?" he asks again.

"Yes," I mutter holding his arm as he nods.

"Creatures..." I thought.

I remember once my mom told me about thestrals. They were found in the very forest as buckbeak but only special ones could see them. The ones who have seen death.

I glance at V again as he watches me with determination, "I know you were thinking you killed her." he says and starts walking back from where we came.

How did he-

I stood there and stared at his back. He got me here to make me believe I didn't kill her-

I immediately walked up to him, "You knew what I was thinking."

"I always know what you're thinking," he mutters still not looking at me.

"Then why wouldn't you tell me," I question as I stop walking.

He takes a few steps then stops, turning to me, "You'd have doubted yourself and you wouldn't even try to see thestrals if I told you."

"How so?" I fold my arms as I waited. Surprisingly he was answering me.

He took a step in front, "because you started to believe you killed her, and if you see thestrals by any chance you'll be ashamed of her death."

His answer left me with no words.