27

Flashback (winter back when they were 14)

I sip my coffee while glancing around the great hall, "This is awkward" I announce putting the cup down and Jisoo rolls her eyes. We're waiting for Jennie and Yoongi hyung to get ready so we can go meet our friends.

"I can't call them again, V" she sighs, glancing at me and giving me full attention, I shrug and lean forward placing my elbow on the table and look at her with a lopsided grin.

"Why are you grinning like a fool?" she laughs.

"I was wondering about my birthday present," I ask running a hand through my messy hair as I take another sip of my coffee.

She smiles at me and shooks her head, "You'll get to know at midnight."

"Not a single clue?" I pout. Yes pout for Salazar's sake.

"Mhm," she smiles.

"Care to share a piece of it at least?" I plead and she shook her head again. So I changed the topic, "okay, so what do you want for your birthday present?" I asked knowing her birthday is in a few days.

Her face brights up, "A white maltese dog!"

I gave her a flat look, "J, You know dogs aren't allowed as pets in Hogwarts?"

"Yes, I do." she nods, "but eomma and appa can take care of him."

"Him?" I asked in amusement.

"Yes!" she smiles again, "I even have a name for him."

"Care to share it with me?"

I like talking about the most random shit with her.

She turns more to face me and I'm full of grinning now, "Dalgom." she tells me.

"Dalgom?" I ask. "So creative, J" I speak sarcastically and she scoffs. Before she could get any angrier, I said, "It's a stupid name but I guess it's cute."

Her smile gets back and she glances over my shoulder, "Oh the birthday girl is here."

And that being done we left for the night.

After a few hours of celebration we got back before the curfew and before leaving for the dorms Jisoo pulled me back.

"What?"

"Take this," she slowly pushed her hand forward. A loose white paper bag hung on her hand.

"You had this all the night?" I ask with a smile.

"Mhm," she gives me the bag and then nods, "Open it the minute you get in that dorm of yours. Happy birthday, V."

And by that we went to our dorms.