31

I took a sharp breath before looking at the mirror

A guy wearing a rich YSL suit, with a sharp jawline and dull brown eyes stared back at me.

They felt dead. His eyes.

But he seemed way too familiar.

Familiar enough to be recognized by my name.

There stood a version of me which I showed the world.

An 18-year-old kid with a cold demeanor heart.

I glance down at my bed, picking out the rings that match my suit.

On the other side of the room, Yoongi hyung was ready. I resisted rolling my eyes at the sight of him having a lovey-dovey conversation with my sister on call before turning to Jimin.

He's still ignoring me. I draw my mind back to last night. A sudden guilt splashed through me. Bringing up his father was never a thought.

My eyes ranked down to his hands, he was holding a corsage with pink roses on it. For Rosé.

Another layer of guilt hit me.

Years of friendship and I return everything to him like that.

I wouldn't say he didn't deserve that. He did even though what he said was right.

But Jimin knows, I can't do that. Jimin knew I wouldn't do that even if it took anything to just save them from Him.

I glanced at my phone, before walking out of my dorm. Willow texted me and called me to meet her at her dorm.

Pathetic of her to think, I'll take her to the ball and give her a corsage.

So I ignored her text and walked straight to the ballroom. For now, I planned to dance with a random girl for the ball premiere where all the house captains and prefects are to dance with their partners. By that, no one would question me about my choice of partner.

Deja vu set in when I did the same a few years ago for a ball with Shayla. Since I didn't want to go with Willow and because of my broken friendship with Jisoo, I had no choice so I chose one of Willow's friends to go to the ball. I had no idea who Shayla Jones was until the next day, when Jennie dragged me by my ear scolding me that I danced with Jisoo's roommate.

That ball was the first and the last time I talked to Shayla Jones. And now she's a mystery.

I reached the ballroom as Professor Bang stood smiling at the students walking in. I tried to ignore him but he stopped me pulling me back by my sleeve.

I sighed and glanced at him while he flashed me a smile, "Did I forget my assignment for today, Professor Bang?" I asked.

He chuckled patting my shoulder, "Oh no, I just wanted to see my dear Professor Yg's star student."