.your gonna be something kid.

🕷️

.

.

🕷️Moxie Trigger (age 12)

.

.
"Wake up Moxie"

My eyes fluttered open. I was greeted by the darkness of my room, and a black tall figure standing over me.

"Huh?"

"Moxie we have a track day today?"

I picked up my phone flicking it open. The time read 5:15am. I looked up to the figure and realized it was my dad.

"Oh yea!"

I could just see my dad smiling at me. He placed a cup on my bed side table. It was filled with vanilla latte. Quite literally the only thing that would wake me up in the morning.

I got up and changed into a pair of clothes. We lived in Auckland, on the north shore. But we would be driving all the way to the edge of south Auckland to Hampton downs.

I walked out my room, trying to stay quiet to not wake up my sister or mum. I made it to the lounge and I sat down on the couch. My bike gear was on the couch for some reason? We normally don't go on the back of a bike to get there.

"Dad why is my gear here?"

I turned to me dad who was in the kitchen, filled two empty ice cream containers with a sandwich and some snacks.

"Chris had got a bike for you to try out. A 250, just so you piss around on it."

He paused what he was doing to tell me.

I was over joyed. I was finally going to get to ride i motorbike? I would finally be able to get into racing? This was amazing!.

.

.Hampton downs: 7:15am

.
We pulled up to the track. My dad had his 250 on a trailer that was attached to the car. We parked next to the control tower and we met Chris and Alex there.

"Moxie Foxy!"

I got out there car to see Alex greeting me. Alex was one of my dads close friends. But me and him, we're besties. He treated me like I was his niece and we were very close. Having the same humor and everything. I could call him my uncle.

Alex held his fist up waiting for a fist bump, he does this every time. I smile, curling my hand into a fist and tapping it again his.

Moments like these made me happy.

The cold breeze surrounded me as I looked around. A foggy mist leaving my warm mouth as I exhaled, the mist merging into the air. It was freezing, I had a thermal, jumper and a motorbike bike jacket on. My nose still slightly running.

My attention turned to my dad. He was hugging Chris. I always knew my mum and dad didn't get along well since a couple years ago. And now I finally think it's getting to him.

I feel a tear grow in the corner of my eye. Mum doesn't like me. Ever since I started to fail school. She hated me. My older sister a 100% student gave me a title I had to live up to. One that I couldn't live up to.

My eyes close as the rising sun. It glared down on me. I used my hand to shield my eyes from the sun. I looked at the track. I would ride a motorbike on that track today. Maybe I can finally do something good. Maybe mum would be proud.

.

.Moxie Trigger (15)

.
I was wrong. She could never be proud. I had just won my first ever race and I had just gotten off call with her. Her words replayed in my mind.

You won't get anywhere girl.

How are you even my daughter?

Be more like your sister!

Your dad's irrelevant now.

That last sentence made me cry. Chris had heard it all. He pulled me into a hug.

"Trust me Mox, your gonna go places."

And I did.

.

.

🕷️

.

,
Word count: 653

SORRY FOR THE SMALL CHAPTER, I had my first job interview today and I was so fucking nervous but I think it went well.

This chapter is more of a filler and I'm going to attempt to write at least 4-5 full chapters this weekend.

ALSO THIS BOOKS ALMOST AT 16k READS???