.red marlboro.

🕷️

.

.

🕷️Moxie Trigger

.

.
Everyone was coming up congratulating me, for winning a race with a passenger. Once everyone ran back over to the cars drifting I turned to Tom who was leaning against the concrete wall with a cigarette hanging out his mouth.

The helmet he wore sat on the ground next to him. He looked different without his hat. I've seen him without if but I'll never get used to it.

"Let's go?"

I break the silence. Tom nods. He flicked the almost finished cigarette to the ground and stomps on it. He grabbed the helmet and he put it on. He walked over to me and pointed at the clip. I softly chuckled at him.

"Tom. When is your birthday?"

"1st of September. Why?"

I smiled his birthday was in two weeks. As well as mine.

"mines the 3rd."

I looked at him through my helmet and he was about to say something. I quickly turned around to my bike, I swung my leg over it and sat down.

I patted my hand on the passenger seat behind me. Tom slowly walked over and struggled to get on. Once he managed to get on I turned the bike on. I pulled in the clutch, flicking the gear lever down into 1st gear. I softly let go of the clutch a pulled on the throttle.

Off into the night. As we make our way out of the carpark everyone is cheering still. I just want to go home. I could go for a drink. Maybe I could call Amy and ask.....

I DONT HAVE HER FUCKING NUMBER.

We drove onto the highway, I look into the sky. The stars hidden from the light pollution. I wish I could look at them everyday. As we were coming off the highway I saw a sign that had a direction to a park.

I quickly changed lanes to get into that exit. Tom tapped my thigh in confusion. I ignored him and carried on. After 5 minutes a little park came into view. I pulled into the parking lot. And I was happy, there was no lights and you could see the night sky perfectly.

I tapped Tom thigh, telling him to get off the bike

I tapped Tom thigh, telling him to get off the bike. The only light you could see was from a gas station across the road. Tom got off the bike and I followed after. I unclipped my helmet and hung it on my handle bar.

"Wait here."

I told Tom. I quickly made my way over to the gas station, I opened the glass door and a jingle from a bell went off. I walked to the counter.

"Can I get a pack of cigarettes?"

The guy just looked at me with no emotion. He could tell that I was no where near 18. He just rolled his eyes and turned around to unlock a draw.

"What brand."

"Marlboro."

The guy placed a pack of Marlboro on the counter. I dug into my pockets and pulled out 10 euros. I placed the cash on the counter and said thanks. I was about walk out the shop when I remembered I didn't have a lighter.

"Sorry can I also have a lighter?"

"Just take it."

I grabbed a white lighter and walked out the gas station and back over to my bike. Where Tom was standing.

"Why are we here?"

I walked ahead of him onto a small bank of grass that led down to a pond.

"I wanna look at the stars."

I sat down on the bank and opened the new box of cigarettes. Tom sat down next to me. A grabbed a cigarette out of the packet and sat it between my lips. I covered the tip of the cigarette with my hand and lit it white the white lighter.

I took a drag and exhaled the smoke up, the feeling of the tobacco entering my system made me tingle. I laid back on the grass and observed the stars.

.

.

🕷️Moxie Trigger: age 11
Dargaville, New Zealand.

.

.
I was sat on the back of my grandads farm bike that my dad was driving. We were at my grandads farm for the weekend. It was around 10 at night and my 11 year old brain was ready for sleep. But my dad managed to get me up by sneaking me a cup of coffee.

My dad said he wanted show me how to shoot a possum, I was a bit scared and felt bad but I thought it could be cool.

We got to the small forest that was on my grandads property and my dad turned off the bike. I hopped off and he followed after. My dad had some sort of gun with a scope on it but I didn't know what type of gun it was.

I followed my dad into the first and he stopped suddenly.

"Mox, look up there."

I looked up to where he was pointing. I could see a set of eyes and an outline of a body high up in a tree. My dad handed me the gun and showed me how to aim it. I had it aimed at the head but I knew it would hit the body.

I pulled the trigger and I heard a screech. I had hit it.

"Good shot Mox!"

My dad ran over to the possum and I instantly started to cry. I just killed an animal. My dad paused in his steps.

"Mox what's wrong?"

My dad walked back over to me and he hugged me.

"I feel bad. He probably had a family and kids."

I managed to get out between sobs. My dad ran his hand over my head.

"How about we go look at the stars."

I nodded my head and my dad walked a head and I followed. Just on the outside of the forest there was a grassy bank and you could see the night sky perfectly.

My dad sat down and I sat down next to him. My dad pulled out a pack of red Marlboro's. He lit one up and exhaled the smoke away from me.

"Don't smoke Mox. But if you smoke red Marlboros."

I laughed and nodded.

I'm never going to smoke. I told myself.

.

.

🕷️Moxie Trigger: present time

.

.
That aged well.

I thought about that as a cigarette that had came out of a red Marlboro pack hung out of my lips.

The stars watched down on me.

I kept my dads promise.

If your going to smoke, smoke red Marlboro.

.

.

🕷️

.

.
Word count: 1090

I'm just letting everyone know this book has over 32000 words 😭