.im lost.

🕷️

.

.

🕷️Moxie Trigger

.

.
I switched up to gear 4. Getting into the 200km mark. Racing was hard, but racing with a weight on your back it's harder. I love Tom but oh my god is this hard.... Wait did I just say I lo- no focus on the race.

I was closing in with some of the stragglers of the group. Speeding up more I hit 250km and that's when I started to zoom past people. I was switching lane's constantly to dodge slow people. I could see the fast group. I was catching up.

There not that good.

Picking up the pace a bit, I pulled on the throttle harder, getting up to a steady 270km. That pace made me catch up to the faster group. But I had a gut feeling about something.

I felt Toms hand lift up visor a bit. He yelled something out.

"DONT CRASH MOXIE."

He shut my visor. Ah now I'm set. Adrenaline starting to rush through my veins. I felt Toms grip tighten more. I flicked the gear lever up into gear 5. Pulling the throttle down farther, the bike picked up to 290km.

Now I was situated in the middle of the fast group. My eye's focused on what was in front of me. The 4 Lanes were joining into 2. A tunnel. I was in one of the middle lanes so I would be okay. But this would risk people bumping into me. Pulled my clutch in, quickly switching to gear 6.

Now going 300km, Toms grip tightened even more. He was scared I could tell. I needed to get ahead of the people on the outer lanes. And I was doing that. From what I counted there was 7 people in this group. I've pasted 4. Putting me in 4th place. And the bikes leading were powerful bikes.

We were about to get into the tunnel. We were like 500m away. I took my hand off the left handle bar, and reached back, rubbing Toms arm. Trying to tell him it will be okay. I raised my hand back to my handle bar and we were in the tunnel.

I hate tunnels. Cramped spaces where you have to group up. And it's worse when there's a slight turn, which in this tunnel there was. But I could go full out. I was safe this time.

I managed to get past 3rd place, meaning I was 3rd. One thing I learned about racing. Someone may have a more powerful bike then you but that doesn't mean they will win. You just have to be confident and have good reading style.

And I was confident. We made it to the turn and I focused on my apex point. I tilted to the right, the bike tilting with me. We were now on a 45 degree angle. My heart was pounding. I was full of life. That's when I saw the end of the tunnel. I had hit my apex point and I tilted the bike back up into a 90 degree angle.

Now on a straight I pulled the throttle more, bringing me up to my almost top speed, 310km. I watched as 2nd place and 1st place were riding right next to each other. Then 1st place kicked 2nd places bike. Making them topple off. I focused my gaze to what was I don't of me.

So first place is a dirty racer? Right. Two can play that game. I crept over to 1st place. I stayed a couple meters behind him, using his slip stream. I took a deep breath.

Go.

I pulled up onto his right side and stayed right next to him. Risky but I had to in a way. I could tell this guy was a bitch.

I can't believe what I was gonna do. I used my left leg and gave his bike a softish kick. JusT enough to freak him out. He instantly slowed down. I kept at 310km. That's when I saw it. The end.

I started to very slowly slow down. I made it past the line. I let go of the throttle letting in slowly drop down in km's. I change my gear into 3 and flick my visor up. I sit up. I won.

I think I had the biggest smile on my face. We pulled into the carpark we were once at and everyone was cheering. For me. They were proud. I made it back to where me and Tom were parked. People were crowding us.

"REVV THE BIKE!"

Someone yelled. So I did. I revved it hard twice and everyone went mental. I tapped Toms thigh, letting him know he could get off the bike. He did. I flicked the side stand down and turned the key, shutting down the bike.

"Night rider! Night rider!"

I quickly got off the bike and looked around. There had to be over 100 people cheering for me.

This is what winning feels like.

But it wasn't.

I looked up to Tom. He leaned down to my helmet.

"I have to go."

He whispered into my helmet, only so I could hear.

I've won but it doesn't feel like it. It feels like I've lost.

Maybe.... I'm lost.

.

.

🕷️

.

.
Word count: 878

IM STILL SICK SO BE READY FOR MORE CHAPTERS TODAY
I ALSO DONT HAVE SCHOOL TOMO SO YOU GUYS ARE BEING SPOILED