53

Ashley's POV

"Hey bug?" Ivan nudged me as we watched The Shining.

"Hm?" I shoved popcorn in my mouth.

"When did you come out to your parents? And to Robin?"

"Wha? Why?" I grabbed the remote pausing the movie.

"I'm just curious on how they reacted"

"Well, you already know how Jared reacted. My mom was instantly supportive. And with Robin he already knew since we pretty much grew up with each other and I would tell him everything. He was also my kissing practice when I was like, 12. So everyone was supportive except my dad but he was never supportive of anything"

"What about your grandparents? And other relatives?"

"I dunno, my grandparents on my dads side died before I was born and I never met any family on his side, and my dad forced my mom to break all contact with her family. So my only family that I have is my mom"

"I am so sorry, I shouldn't have asked about them"

"Hey, it's okay. You didn't know so you don't have to apologize. Why are you asking me anyways?"

"I've been thinking about coming out to my parents. But yknow how they're super religious and don't support that stuff. I love them but I am terrified that me coming out will ruin everything"

"You come out when you are ready and feel safe. Unlike me I didn't really have a choice" I chuckled.

"What do you mean?"

"Ehhh, my parents kinda walked on me and Robin having our kissing practices. Which my dad for once actually didn't hit me but he hurt Robin"

"What the hell? No offense but why did he go after Robin and not you?"

"He thought that Robin is the reason why I'm gay"

"I thought you were bi?"

"I am, but guys are more accepting of my little space than girls or at least the ones that I've gone out with. Also it's hard for me to find girls that I'm sexually attracted to. Even though I have daydreamed a lot about them and having...I just realized I probably shouldn't be talking about having sex with girls"

Ivan chuckled and kissed my cheek pulling me close to him.

Robin's POV

I stood at Ivan's door nervous to knock. It feels weird knocking. Usually I just walk in and no one cares.

"Hey" Ivan opened the door without me even doing anything.

"I um, hi" I scratched my neck.

"You okay? I saw you just standing here for like, 2 minutes not doing anything"

"Yeah, my dad just pissed me off and Ashley is having lunch with Justin and I just really really don't want to be alone right now."

"Oh, um, right now isn't a really good timing" Ivan rubbed his chest.

"Okay, I'm sorry for bothering you." I looked down at my feet trying to hold back tears.

"You can never bother me" he started to cough.

I nodded a bit and saw his dog Lance come up and pawed at his leg.

"Lace, go" Ivan tried shooing him.

Lance didn't stop. He instead walked between Ivan's legs and jumped up on him. Ivan sat on the floor but Lance tried to make him lay down.

"Lance, go play" Ivan said with slight pain.

"Ivan are you okay? You seem like you're sick"

"Yeah I'm fine. Can you actually get my medicine it's uh, it should be on the kitchen counter"

I nodded and walked in. I got to the kitchen and saw a big pill container with labels on it saying Monday-Sunday. I went to the drying rack grabbing a cup filling it with water before grabbing the medicine. I got back to Ivan and Lance was on top of him.

"Why so many?" I asked Ivan.

Ivan didn't respond and Lance started barking at me. I put the medicine and cup down shaking Ivan a bit.

"Ivan? What's wrong? Wake up" I started panicking.

I quickly took out my phone and called 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" A lady answered.

"I uh, m-my boyfriend uh friend passed out I think, I don't know. I just got to his house a-and he looked ill and he told me to get his medicine from the kitchen and when I came back he was on the floor not waking up" I tried to make myself clear so I didn't have to repeat myself.

"Alright I'll have an ambulance come right away. Is he breathing?"

"Yes ma'am and his pulse is faint" I told her immediately checking his pulse before she could ask.

"Alright, that's good, ambulance will be there in a couple of minutes."

After a few minutes an ambulance arrived and some people came rushing in with a stretcher. Lance got off of Ivan and stood next to me putting his wet nose on my hand.

"Is this his service dog?" A man asked me.

"I don't know. I only see his dog when I'm here" I finally let out tears which Lance responded with going in between my legs and sniffing my hand.

"Would you like to come with us in the truck?"

"Yes sir, thank you. Is uh, is Lance allowed to come in too?"

"Normally I would have to say no but it does seem that his dog is a service animal so yes he may come on"

"Thank you"

I grabbed onto Lance's collar and we got in the truck. I looked at Ivan and he has an oxygen mask over his face

"Shit his medicine" i panicked.

"No worries, I got it" the man who was talking to me handed me the box.

I thanked him and the sirens went off making me cover my ears. Lance put his head on my lap but kept his eyes on Ivan.

"Here, I have a daughter who has sensory issues so these should help" a lady handed me noise canceling headphones.

I nodded and put them on. The siren is still loud but it helps.