54

Robin's POV

"Robin? What are you doing here hun?" Ashley's mom came up to me holding a clipboard.

"I'm waiting to see Ivan" I looked up at her with tears in my eyes.

"Ivan? Is he okay? What happened?"

"I don't know. I went to his house and he asked me to get his meds and when I came back he was on the floor not moving"

"Did you get in contact with his parents?"

"No, I don't know their contacts. I think one of the nurses said they would but I dont know. Everything was all muffle and I feel like I can't breathe. I'm scared"

Ashley's mom got down and quickly hugged me. I hugged her back crying on her shoulder.

"I don't know what to do"

"It's okay. You did the correct thing by getting him here. Would you like me to get any information on how he's doing?"

"No, I'm too scared that he's in bad shape" I shook my head.

"Alright hun."

"Robin?" Someone called out my name.

I quickly stood up and Lance got up with me.

"Ivan is awake, you can come in if you'd like" they gave me a smile.

I grabbed on Lance's collar and rushed into the room Ivan is in. I watched him as he was talking to the nurse.

"Ivan?" I called out to him.

Ivan looked at me and he looks upset. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand crying my tears falling on his arm.

"Ivan I was so worried. What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just have heart problems but I promise you that I'm okay"

"Heart problems? Why did you never tell us anything?"

"I didn't want to worry you or Ash. And I didn't want you two to know that I'm uh...that I'm dying"

"You're dying?" My voice cracked.

"Unless I get surgery I won't be alive for another 3 year or so"

"Then get surgery"

"I can't I'm not allow-"

"Ivan?" Ivan's mom came rushing in.

"Hi mama" Ivan quickly let go of my hand.

"Sweetheart are you alright?"

"I'm fine. If Robin wasn't there then I wouldn't be here"

"Your dad would have been here but our boss would only let one of us come. He will visit after work I promise"

"Ma'am, you're Ivan's mother correct?" Ashley's mom came in.

"Yes I am. Is my baby going to be okay?"

"I'm afraid not. If he doesn't get surgery then he'll only live for half a year. Maybe less if he gets sicker"

"We're not doing surgery."

"MOM!" Ivan shouted

"Baby, you know that God will save you. You just have to pray"

"Yeah, like that's been working for me" Ivan rolled his eyes.

"Don't do that. You just need to keep believing. He will save you"

"And what if God doesn't save him huh?" I raised my voice.

"Robin don't" Ivan tried to stop me but I ignored.

"Are you really going to let your son die if your stupid God doesn't answer your prayers? Are you seriously choosing God over your son? The only child that you fucking have?!"

"Robin knock it off"

"YOU ARE BEING TOLD THAT THERES A WAY TO SAVE HIM BUT YOU ARE REFUSING IT BECAUSE OF SOME MYTHICAL BEING?"

"BABE STOP IT" Ivan shouted at me.

I took a deep breath and Ivan grabbed my hand rubbing his thumb on top of it.

"Baby, it's fine. We'll figure it out I promise"

"Baby?" Ivan's mom looked shocked.

Ivan quickly let go of my hand and looked away from us. Shit, he outed himself because of me.

"Did you turn my son gay? Are you corrupting him? Making him apart of your satanic cult?"

"N-no I didn't make him do anything" I backed away from her tearing up.

"You need to repent. You need to be sent to conver-"

"Mama. Stop it please" Ivan cried out. "I knew I was gay before I even met him"

"No, no you were not. You have had many girlfriends before him"

"No I didn't. I only told you what you only wanted to hear. Mom, I have never been attracted to girls. And I'm sorry that you have to find out this way."

"Know what. Fine, get the darn surgery, but you will never be allowed in my house ever again"

Ivan's mom put her hand in her purse and threw a Bible at me before leaving. I looked over at Ivan and he has tears running down his face. I went over to him and hugged him.

"Ivan, sweetheart? Would you still like to have the surgery?" Ashley's mom spoke softly.

"H-how would I even get it? I don't have enough money to even pay for it and I doubt that my dad would pay when he finds out that I'm gay" Ivan held onto me tighter.

"I'll pay for it hun. Don't worry. And if it's true that your mom won't let you back you can always stay with us."

"Thank you. And when I have enough money I promise that I will pay you back"

"No, you do not have to do that. You are still a kid. All I want you to do is have fun and do kid things."

"You're making yourself sound old" I tried to lighten the mood a bit.

"Oh shush, I'm only 38. That's not old"

"Wait. You're 38? That means you were only like, 20 when you had Ashley right?"

"20 when I conceived, 21 when he was born."

"Do I really only have half a year if I don't get the surgery?"

"2 and a half, maybe 3. Robin told me that your parents were super religious and I had grandparents who were like that and always said to just pray even if it doesn't work. I thought maybe if I said half she would be more excepting of the surgery"

"Thank you for trying"

"Of course, now let's get you prepared for the surgery yeah?"