Side Story: Horizon Finance Part 1

Scene opens to a lab. Alarms are heard in the background and red lights are flashing across the facility. A woman wearing a lab coat is seen talking to a smaller figure.

???: Remember, Horizon... We- I created you because -

The scene fades out and changes to an office. A figure is seen sitting behind a desk. The figure appears to be a small woman with long, wavy pastel blue hair. She had her eyes closed and seemed to be reminiscing about something. A knock is heard coming from the door. She opens her eyes to reveal glowing light blue eyes.

 She opens her eyes to reveal glowing light blue eyes

???: Come in.

A man with black hair and deep blue eyes enters the office.

???: Welcome to Horizon Finance. Our annual interest rate is only 2.5%. At Horizon Finance, the customer comes first.

???: (takes a seat in front of the woman's desk) Hey, sorry I was late. I had to help this old lady cross the street.

???: Biometrics identified: Kyle Rayner. Illogical. According to my calculations, helping a single old lady would not have delayed your arrival here by this long. Assuming, of course, you had left at the exact interval you had said.

Kyle: (chuckling) Hehe, you got me. Anyways, it's been a while, huh? How you doin' Horizon?

Horizon: I have been operating at an optimal performance, thank you.

Kyle: So, how's the business been? Got any new friends yet?

Horizon: Business has been proceeding smoothly. I have yet to socialize myself with anyone who can contribute to my objectives.

Kyle: (sigh) Listen here you. How many times have I been telling you? You don't need a reason to make some friends. You can just hangout without worrying about work sometimes, y'know?

Horizon: Proposal rejected. I refuse to associate myself with other humans unless strictly business related.

Kyle: (sigh) Haaaah. One of these days, I'm gonna make sure to change your way of thinking.

Horizon: Statistically the chances of that happening are very low.

Kyle: (claps his hand) Anyways, you didn't just ask me out here to just catch up, did you?

Horizon: Correct. I asked you to come here in hopes of asking for assistance.

Kyle: Oh? Well, what do you need help with?

Horizon taps on a console on the desk and a holographic projection appears.

Horizon: I require your assistance in retrieving the debt from a debtor who has passed their allotted time to repay us. The individual in question appears to have gone in hiding. I require your skills in tracking and locating well hidden targets.

Kyle: Hmmm, considering you called me this guy must be pretty good.

Horizon: It would appear so. Do not worry, I do not expect you to aid me free of charge. I shall pay you 40% of what the debtor owes me.

Kyle: Wait, seriously? Isn't your interest rate just 2.5%? How are you making any money from this business? Actually, why did you even decide to get into this line of work in the first place?

Horizon: It's because this profession offers the most intimate look at what humans are truly like.

Kyle: Well... you're not wrong. How about this, I'll help you out right now and in return, you owe me a favor. Anytime I need some help with something I'll ask you. How does that sound?

Horizon: ... very well. I accept your proposition.

Kyle: Alright! (holds up his fist in front of her)

Horizon pauses for a moment before she forms a fist and bumps Kyle's fist.

Kyle: Okay, so, what do we have to work with.

Horizon: (gets up from her desk) First, we will head to his last known location. (walks to the door)

Kyle: Wait, like right now?

Author's Note: Welp, here it is. The first side story of this fic. Finally, our heroine has arrived. And it is none other than the android loan shark from the mobile game Counter:side, Horizon. For this arc I took little bits of elements from the Horizon Finance: For the Uncrying substream from the game so there will be some spoilers for that story. If you haven't been playing the game, I suggest trying it out. I've had a lot of fun playing it. I've only been playing fot three months and I'm almost done with all the story and side story of the game. Love the story. Anyways, after this arc is done we'll get straight back to season three, so, see ya next time!