Horizon Finance Part 6

Scene opens to the research team in a corridor. Walters was analyzing some ancient text carved on the walls of the temple.

Walters: Amazing! According to the data analysis these writings must’ve been over more than ten million years old. This is really the real deal!

Onyx: Yeah, yeah, whatever. Any of them say where the treasures are?

Walters: (nervous) W-well, it seems the writings are talking about ‘preserving the great arms’. Perhaps they mean this is where they store their weapons?

Onyx: Hehe, good. Those are exactly the type of treasure we’re looking for. (to the group) C’mon men, we’re moving deeper into the temple.

They all move further into the temple. While traversing the halls they come across more ancient texts on the walls.

Walters: Hmmm, curious…

Onyx: What is it?

Walters: Oh, uh, it’s just that… these texts keep talking about some sort of ‘Great Key’. From the sounds of it there’s one located in this temple. I think it means there’s a key that’s used to claim the treasures of this temple. But it doesn’t say where or what the key is.

Onyx: Ugh, great. So you’re saying we need to find this key to get all the weapons here? (to his team) Spread out! Find anything that looks like a key!

Some parts of the group split up and went different ways in search of the key.

Onyx: (to Walters) You. Hurry up and figure out where it is. You know what happens if we fail to get anything from here.

Walters: (scared) Y-yes! Yes, I’ll get right on that!

Suddenly, a figure comes out from around the corner.

???: (whistles) Looks like you got your work cut out for you Dr. Walters.

The soldiers turn around and point their guns to the new arrival.

Onyx: Wait, that armor… (chuckles) hehe, well well well, if it isn’t the legendary Mirage.

Mirage: That’s my name, don’t wear it out.

Onyx: After all this time we’d taken it you’ve retired. Guess that isn’t the case.

Mirage: Hehe, as much fun this job is, you’re right. I am outta the game now. I’m just here helping a friend.

A second figure emerges from around the corner. The soldiers also point their guns at them.

Walters: (surprised) Wait, you’re…

Horizon: Biometrics identified. Simon Walters. Greetings, it has been a while.

Walters: Horizon!? What are you doing here?

Horizon: Is it not obvious? I’m here to collect your interest payment. You have missed the allotted time to pay back your debt.

Walters: W-wait! I was going to pay you back. I swear! I just… (looks nervously around himself) got a little involved in something…

Onyx: That’s right. This guy’s doin’ something for us right now. I suggest you beat it cuz we ain’t sharing anything from this temple.

Mirage: Woah woah woah, hold up. We’re not here for this temple.

Horizon: Correct. I am only interested in getting what is owed to me from him. (points to Walters)

Onyx: Bullshit! Like I’d believe you went all the way to this undiscovered temple just to get some guy to cough up his money. Sorry, but we ain’t letting you leave here, alive. Kill them!