Horizon Finance Part 13: Finale

DEEP SPACE

As the Magistrate prepares to slipspace, a small spacecraft is hovering not too far from it. A lone android sits at its cockpit, silently observing the massive alien ship.

Horizon: …. Do humans truly wish to trample on each other so badly? This is why I despise humans. And I wish to remain that way.

Horizon runs through her memory bank as moments of her past resurfaces. The face of an innocently smiling girl appears.

Horizon: But some humans have tenaciously insist that it does not have to be that way. Despite their miserable lives, they cling on to hope.

An awkwardly doctor, nervousness etched on his face.

Horizon: They regret the mistakes they have made in their lives.

Then a young man. His raven black hair flowing through the wind. His deep blue eyes staring right back at hers. A small smile that seems to radiate warmth adorns his face.

Horizon: They selfishly look after other humans when they have every right to be selfish. They believe everyone deserves a chance despite this unjust society. .. And their power to protect the weak.

Our view to returns to Horizon, still observing the alien starship.

Horizon: That’s right. Humans must protect each other. Because they’re all too weak.

Pressing a button on the console, Horizon stands up and makes her way to the back of the ship.

Horizon: As of now, I will suspend all personal collection activities. And for the sake of someone who sacrificed her everything to protect these weak humans… and for all he did for me… I will reinitialize.

Approaching the back of the ship, the loading dock begins to open its door.

[Force removing connector. Direct installation of self-will module completed. State the purpose of activating combat mode.]

Horizon: The purpose of activation is…

Ember: Remember, Horizon. We… I made you because…’

Horizon: Protect Mankind.

Horizon: … Protect Mankind

THE MAGISTRATE

Onyx: Ugh, what the hell?

The light was bright enough to blind everyone else there.

R. Soldier #5: Aahhh! My eyes!

R. Soldier #6: What the fuck!?

R. Soldier #7: The light! It’s beautiful!

Walters: What the heck is going on?