Horizon Finance Part 5

Scene opens to the search party making their way through the jungle. Walters is up front leading the way. He’s holding some sort of radar device in his hand.

Walters: According to my calculations, the temple should be just beyond here.

Onyx: Good, I’m getting tired of walking through this jungle.

They walk past the trees and into a clearing. They watch in awe at the structure standing in front of them.

Walters: Yes, yes! This is it! I knew I’d find it. All those years of research have finally come to fruition!

Onyx: (pushes past Walters) Here we are boys. Let’s hurry up and get every single thing we can. If it looks sophisticated or expensive, take it.

The soldiers walk past him and into the temple. Onyx looks back at Walters.

Onyx: Alright, doc. Keep your eyes peeled. You still have your uses. We need you to translate any alien writings that we might come across. If it mentions anything valuable, tell us.

Walters: R-right! Yes, I’ll tell you anything I find!

They both walk into the temple. Fades to black. Another scene fades in but this time it looks like an entirely different place. It was a shopping mall. A small woman was standing outside a clothes shop alongside another person.

Horizon: … What are we doing in such a place?

Kyle: We’re here to buy some new clothes.

Horizon: Illogical. Why would I need to obtain more clothing when I already possess a fully functioning set?

Kyle: Well, they’re not bad… but… (looks down to see Horizon wearing a plain white dress shirt and long black dress pants) they’re too plain lookin’.

Horizon: (looks down then back up) It fulfills its purpose of covering my modesty, does it not?

Kyle: Yeah, but… I mean, you’re a loan shark. Your job is to go around and collect money from debtors. Given your already small size if you go around just wearing that, people ain’t gonna take you seriously.

Horizon: … So you think if I do a little wardrobe change, I’ll have a higher likely hood of intimidating debtors into paying their debts?

Kyle: Exactly!

Horizon: Very well, I’ll give your proposal a try.

They both walk into the store. Cut to Kyle standing outside a changing room waiting for Horizon.

Kyle: Once you’re done I’ll see how it fits you.

Some rustling is heard behind the door before it opens. Horizon exits the changing room and faces Kyle.

Horizon: What do you think of this attire? Upon analyzing human video records I’ve concluded that this threateningly vulgar attire shall suffice in making me look like a formidable loan shark

Kyle: (stunned) You look… cute.

Horizon: Pardon?

Kyle: Hehe, you look cute!

Horizon: That won’t do at all. Maintaining an intimidating presence that instills fear even in the toughest criminals is essential for effective collection. (turns to enter the changing room)

Kyle: Wait! (Horizon turns to him) I-I mean, you look gre-terifying! You’re making me feel very intimidated. Aww man I’m so spooked right now, if I had any money on me I’d have forked it all right now.

Horizon: Incredible. The usually fearless Kyle is trembling in fear. Very well, I’ll take this attire.

They went to the cashier and paid for the clothes. After that they left the store and started their journey back when suddenly Horizon went to a booth.

Kyle: Horizon?

Horizon: We must document this historic moment of your shattered pride. This photo booth shall suffice, come here Kyle.

Horizon takes Kyle’s hand and dragged him inside the photo booth.

Kyle: (chuckles) Alright, alright, calm down. So, how do we use this thing?

Horizon: Oh my diodes. The intellectually gifted Kyle doesn’t know how to use a photo booth.

Kyle: Shut up. I’ve never used one of these before.

Horizon: Fret not. I’ll handle this, just look pretty in front of the camera. (taps a screen a few times) Alright, ready yourself.

Kyle: Cheese!

A flash appears as a photo is taken. The photo shows Horizon in front with Kyle behind her, his right arm over her shoulders and making a peace sign with his left hand. What they both had in common was their smile.

A critical error occurred during video record playback.

Reasoning system overloaded. Running diagnostics…..

Scene fades to black

System operation timed out due to overheating. Reinitializing reasoning system.

Reinitializing aborted.

Cause – UNKNOWN.

Beginning speed replay of the selected video record.

Current playback file number is ###,###,###.

Warning. Physical contact detected. Pausing playback.

Scene fades in to Kyle holding Horizon’s shoulder. They appear to be inside the temple.

Mirage: Horizon.

Horizon: (focuses) Yes, Mirage?

Mirage: They’re here. C’mon, let’s get our guy.

Horizon: Of course, let’s proceed.

They both start to move from their hiding spot in the temple.

Author's Note: Aaaand there. Another chapter done. I've already written a few more chapters after this one. There's still, like, a few chapters, give or take, before this arc is finished. On a side note, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! RvB is back! And for the last time 😭😭😭.
I'm glad Burnie's back to do this last season. After seeing that trailer I am definitely hyped. Looks like they're retconning s15 onwards as just simulations, which, I think is for the best. This is making me rethink whether I should even do those seasons. Well, let's just wait until Restoration is out, then I'll decide. Welp, that's all. Till next time.