Yellow Fever

Fade in to Rayner and Horizon by Blue Base.

Rayner: So what brought you here my fair lady?

Horizon: I was on route to seize the security of a debtor who missed their deadline when I recalled where you were posted. Seeing as it was on the way there, I thought that I'd exercise my faithfulness as your lover by visiting you.

Rayner: Awww~ I love you to-wait, does that mean you're going already?

Horizon: Affirmative. This was never meant to be a long visit.

Rayner: Aww man. N-Not that I'm ungrateful or anything! I'm actually really glad you came. Though I wished we had more time to spend together to, y'know, cuddle and stuff.

After a brief silence, Horizon reaches up to Rayner's head and grabs on to his blue helmet, his hand following hers. Getting the hint he helps her take it off, exposing his raven locks to fresh air-well, as fresh as you can get in the middle of a hot canyon.

Horizon: It seems that both of our responsibilities has put a strain on how much we can enjoy each other's company. How about we rectify said error the next time both of us are unoccupied?

Rayner: Oh~? Correct me if I'm wrong but, sounds to me that you're asking me out on a date.

Horizon: I suppose I am. Though for this next one, allow me to arrange our itinerary.

Rayner: A date, orchestrated by Horizon herself, I must be dreaming~.

Horizon: *giggles* Well, I must be off now. I have already called in for another Pelican to take me on the rest of my journey.

Rayner: Alrighty then. Though next time you come visit I'll introduce you to the guys proper, yeah?

Horizon: I would rather not. If that yellow organism is any indication, I cannot fathom how more idiotic the rest of them can be.

Rayner: Speaking of, why'd you came here with a red?

Horizon: Because she's not. Due to the military's lack of coordination and professionalism she is meant to be sent to Blue team despite the contrasting armor colour. Which is why I had hitched a ride with her in the first place. It had turned out to be the worst decision I've ever made.

Rayner: Hehe, looks like you already got a preview of what it's like here. Well, go on then, don't let me keep you cause I will.

Contemplating for a moment, Horizon then made a decision. She got on the tip of her toes, eyes closing as her head leans forward. She goes for a kiss... only to find nothing as she's still to short to reach Rayner's face. Seeing this Rayner chuckles, before going down to meet her halfway. Their lips touch as they share a short heartfelt kiss before they part ways.

Horizon: Goodbye for now, Kyle.

Rayner: See you later, Horizon.

And with that, the blue haired girl turns and leaves. Rayner watches her walk away before putting his helmet back on and goes back to join the rest of the blues.

Rayner: Alright, let's see what we've got to deal with.

Cut to the Reds and Grif's Sister.