Horizon Finance Part 9

The scene fades into a man sleeping on a desk. Groggily, he starts to wake up.

After a few moments he’s finally aware of the predicament he found himself in and stands up. He looks at himself to see the armor he had been wearing gone, replaced by ordinary clothes with a lab coat.

Onyx: This place…

Onyx looks around to find that he is in a laboratory. One he is familiar with from long ago. The lab seems devoid of any life. The faint sounds of machinery and computers filling the eerie silence.

Onyx: Hello?

His question echoes the walls as no one answered.

Onyx: Ugh, great. Alright, focus Onyx. Just find the key and get the hell outta here.

With nothing left to do he made his way out of his desk to search for answers. He wanders the facility, seemingly searching for something. He continues until he comes across a door with the name ‘Dr. Callahan’ labeled on it. He opens the door to find an office. Looking around inside he sees the messy state of the office. Papers and documents strewn around the desk and floor.

???: Even after all this time I still haven’t cleaned up my messes. (chuckles) Guess I haven’t changed much from our scholar years.

A female voice is heard behind him. Startled by the sudden sound, Onyx turns around to attack the new arrival only to stop once he sees the person’s face.

Onyx: …

Onyx: …. Emma?

His mouth is agape as he cannot believe what’s in front of him.

Emma: Hey, Cole. Looks like you’ve been through some stuff.

Onyx, whose real name is revealed to be Cole, chokes up.

Cole: I-I… l-look, I’m… s-sorry… I’m so sorry… I–

???: Sorry for what!!?!?

Startled, Cole looks towards the source of the new voice. He sees blackened hands crawling out of the white walls of the office. The hands keep clawing out to reveal several black emaciated faces contorted in agony.