Horizon Finance Part 4

Scene opens to a view of a planet that looked like a fusion between Mars and Earth. Cut to the surface of the planet where we see a jungle area. The view pans around until a camp is visible. Armored soldiers are seen going around in the camp but one person in particular looks different from the others. He was a man that, unlike the others, isn’t wearing armor but instead normal clothing with a lab coat. This man is the researcher Simon Walters.

Walters: *thought* God damnit Simon! How did you get yourself into this situation?

Cuts to a flashback of him meeting Horizon.

Walters: (narration) I went to Horizon Finance to get a loan to help me fund my research project. It took some time, but I finally managed to get them to agree.

Flashback changes to Simon trying to get help for his expedition.

Walters: And when I was looking for people to take me here no one wanted to do it. None of them believe there’d be anything out here. But then suddenly these guys came to me and offered to do so.

A group of soldiers approached Simon.

Walters: I was ecstatic to say the least. But then…

The leader of the soldiers goes up to Simon.

Leader: Oh, by the way, all the artifacts we’ll find there will belong to us and only us

Leader: Oh, by the way, all the artifacts we’ll find there will belong to us and only us. If you have a problem with this little arrangement of ours (points his gun to Simon’s head) we can always just end our agreement.

Flashback ends.

Walters: *thought* I was gonna sell those artifacts so that I can pay back my loan from Horizon Finance. Now what am I going to do?

The leader of the group goes up to Simon.

Leader: Dr. Walters.

Walters: (startled) Ah! U-uh, yes, what is it?

Leader: I hope you find this temple of yours soon. Our employer is really putting a lot of faith and money into your research. I think you know the consequences if you fail to deliver on your promise.

Walters: (nervous) W-why yes! Of course. I have no doubt what we’re looking for is near. We’ll get to the temple in no time at all, Mr. Onyx, sir.

Onyx: Good, I don’t wanna stick around here too much. (turns around and leaves) Now hurry up before I lose my patience.

Walters: Yes sir…

Cuts to a Pelican landing in a clearing. The doors opened up and Mirage and Horizon hopped out.

Mirage: Alright, we’re here.

Horizon: (looks around) Are you certain this is the correct location?

Mirage: Yup, according to the data you sent me this should be where the temple resides. Aren’t I awesome?

Horizon: That remains to be seen.

They both walk into the forest in search of the temple. They trek through the forestry in silence, until Mirage decides to break it.

Mirage: Hey, you never told me this, but why do you try to understand humans? It seems to me you already have a hatred for us.

Horizon: … As you have said, there are multitudes of types of humans. I’d like to observe for myself just how many there are.

Mirage: There’s a lot of types of people out there. Some of the ones I’ve met taught me that.

Horizon: Oh? And just who are these individuals that manage to change your line of reasoning?

Mirage: (chuckles) Heh, actually, one of them is you.

Horizon: … That does not compute. I’ve no record of ever bestowing the knowledge of differing individuals to you.

Mirage: It wasn’t what you said that helped me change my point of view, rather it’s what you did. When I needed help you lent it to me.

Horizon: I did not aid you out of the goodness of my heart.

Mirage: I know. But still, having someone there giving me support, as if they believed in me, it felt nice. If there’s anything I’ve learned after losing my parents and sister, it's that I hate feeling alone.

Horizon: …..

They continue their journey in silence. After a few hours they stumble upon a large metallic structure covered in overgrown forestry.

Mirage: (whistles) I think we’ve found it.

Fades to black.