3 | i'll take that action

S1 E1

S1 E1

a hard day's night

"HE'S GONNA FAINT. He's a fainter." One intern says, as he walks into the gallery.

"No, code brown, right in his pants." Another pipes up.

Cristina walks in and sits down next to Maddison, and offers her a chocolate bar and Maddison takes it.

"He's all about the flop sweat. He's gonna sweat himself unsterile." The first one adds.

"$10 says he messes up the McBurney." Another one says, and Maddison turns to look at him. He was an attractive guy with dirty blonde hair.

"$15 says he cries." Cristina pipes up.

"I'll put $20 on a total meltdown." Maddison bets.

"$50 says he pulls the whole thing off." Meredith cuts in, making everyone go quite. "That's one of us down there, the first one of us. Where's your loyalty?"

There is a long pause.

"$75 says he can't even I.D. the appendix." Cristina chimes.

"I'll take that action." Maddison tells her.

"Here it comes." Meredith whispers, as Burke walks in.

"Scalpel." George asks the nurse and all the interns start to cheer.

Burke looks up at them and does a gesture to shut them up.

"That Burke is trouble." Cristina says.

"Damn, he got the peritoneum open. I'm out." The first intern announces, as George performs the appendectomy.

"I told you, he's gonna pull it off." Meredith chimes in.

The first half of the surgery went well, but as George is closing up, he pulls on the strings too hard and it start bleeding. Everyone look at George to do something, but he stands there, stunned.

"He's choking." Cristina says.

"Come on, George." Meredith encourages.

"Today. Pull your balls out of your back pocket. Let's go." Burke yells at George. "What are you waiting for? Suction."