32 | depends on how good you grovel

S2 E6

S2 E6

into you like a train

'OW... OW... OW- OW!" Maddison lets out as the two girls sat on a spare bed in the ER.

"You're being dramatic." Meredith rolls her eyes.

Meredith was trying to insert Maddison's IV. 

"No, I'm thinking about how you passed though medical school with those skills." Maddison tells her, and Meredith narrows her eyes.

"I'm drunk." Meredith says.

The curtain pulls back revealing Izzie.

"What're you doing?" Izzie asks.

"Trying to insert Maddy's banana bag." Meredith tells her, making Izzie smile. "Which sounds vaguely dirty but it isn't."

"I can do it." Izzie tells her, closing the curtain behind her.

"So, how's it going with Addison?" Meredith asks. "Bad mood? Good mood? Yay my husband picked me mood?"

"Ah I think it's more of the 'I hate the smell of charred flesh' mood." Izzie replies, taping the IV so it's secure.

"Before you judge me. I know there was a train accident. People are very badly hurt. And that I'm a vapid narcissist when you mix me with alcohol." Meredith says. "In case you were wondering. I know that."

"Oh, we know." Maddison nods.

"Well, for what it's worth, I take issue with her salmon colored scrubs. I mean what self respecting surgeon wears salmon colored scrubs?" Izzie says, now inserting Meredith's banana bag.

"This is what I'm saying." Meredith nods.

"Yeah." Izzie chuckles, finishing with the IV and leaves.

"I think the salmon's a statement." Maddy tells Meredith, who narrows her eyes.

BAILEY AND GEORGE WERE looking at the x-ray scans of the people who were joined by a pole because of the accident. Maddison was hanging near the x-rays and Meredith was standing on the side, both with their banana bags.