31 | added a little personal touch

S2 E6

S2 E6

into you like a train

"I ACTUALLY SAID 'PICK ME'. Right?" Meredith asks Maddison and Joe, after taking a shot. "I did? 'Pick me'?"

"I think it's romantic." Joe tells her.

"Yep." Maddison downs another shot. "If someone said that to me I'd be on my knees." She looks at the both of them. "And I hate romantic stuff, that's how good that line is."

"It's not romantic, guys, it's horrifying." Meredith shakes her head. "Horror movie horrifying. Carrie at the prom with the pig's blood horrifying."

"Ok, fine, it's horrifying." Joe rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, it's pathetic." Maddison nods, drunk.

"I never said pathetic." Meredith narrows her eyes at the girl.

"Added a little personal touch." Maddison props her chin on her palm, smiling cutely, making Meredith forgive her and push Maddison's hair behind her ear.

"But Carrie took out an entire senior class as revenge. Gotta say, I like that in a girl." Joe tells them.

"I said 'Pick me'." Meredith repeats.

"When you tell someone 'I'll meet you later at a bar tonight', how long exactly does that mean you're supposed to wait?" Cristina asks George and Izzie while they were playing darts a few feet away.

"Do you think he's really not coming?" George asks, looking at Meredith and Maddison who were drinking.

"It is getting a little hard to watch." Izzie adds.

"It was hard to watch an hour ago. Now it's just pathetic." Cristina tells them.

"Who's pathetic?" Meredith turns to them.

"I think they're talking about you, Mer." Maddison slurs.

"What?" Cristina asks, innocently.

"You, who pretend to be my friends are calling me pathetic behind my back." Meredith goes on, looking slightly drunk. "In front of my face."

"Yeah, how dare you?" Maddison adds, slurring, as George points at Cristina. Maddison leans on Meredith and continues. "See, I'm here getting wasted with you. I'm a real friend."