73 | i was prom queen

S2 E27

S2 E27

losing my religion

"I CUT THE LVAD WIRE." Izzie tells the Chief, as the interns stood in his office.

"Actually, I cut the LVAD wire." Meredith speaks up from Izzie's right side.

"No. I did it." George says. "I'm the one who cut the wire."

Next up is Cristina, who doesn't say anything, making George nudge her.

"Fine. I cut the LVAD wire." Cristina says, unconvincingly.

They turn to Maddison, and Cristina pinches her stomach.

"Ouch." Maddison complains. "Okay." She takes a pause. "If I was lacking rational thought, I could've cut the LVAD wire."

"I didn't do anything. I'm totally innocent." Alex tells the Chief, and they all start arguing.

They all start speaking at the same time.

"Alex!" Meredith looks at him.

"I wasn't even here. He knows I wasn't here. You think he doesn't know that? The guy's not mentally challenged." Alex says.

"That's not the point. What about loyalty?" George rants.

"At least be a little more subtle about it." Maddison says.

"We made an agreement." Cristina says.

"People! I know who did this. So, you might as well come clean. I know." The Chief cuts in.

"With all due respect, sir, if you knew, you wouldn't be asking us." George replies.

"I did what..." Izzie tries to say.

"You have your suspicions, but you don't actually know." Meredith talks over her.

"Not for sure." Cristina adds.

"And you can't do anything to any of us without proof, sir." George completes.

"Well, one of you compromised a patient's life." The Chief raises his voice, standing up. "One of you stole an organ. One of you jeopardized the integrity of this hospital and of UNOS. Now, you tell me, and you tell me right now!" None of them speak up. "All right, fine." He sits back down, and the interns walk to the door. "No surgeries."