28 | i should've used stairs

S2 E4

S2 E4

deny, deny, deny

"YOU'LL BE ON DR. BURKE'S ventricular arrhythmias patient with Izzie." Bailey tells Maddison, when they both enter the elevator.

"Oh, man, why do I get the missionary." Maddison groans.

"We gonna have the same conversation every time?" Bailey raises an eyebrow.

"No, ma'am." Maddison replies, just as Derek steps in.

"Of all the fine doctors in the city, you accept a consult from Addison Shepherd." He starts to rant, and Maddison backs away to the back of the elevator, not wanting to be in the middle.

"Montgomery-Shepherd, isn't it?" Bailey corrects.

"The point is she should be on her way home." Derek tells her. "You're trying to drive me crazy aren't you?"

Bailey gets annoyed at this, and pulls the elevator stop button and a ringing starts.

"Oh hang on don't do this." Derek groans.

"You think this has something to do with you?" Bailey asks, tilting her head. "You think I'm even thinking about you and your romantic problems? I'm trying to help a patient very near and dear to my heart. And if consulting with your wife... your ex... your mistress whatever it is that she becomes, if that's the thing I have to do to save my patient, then I'm damn well gonna do it."

"I understand." Derek nods. "And I deserved that. It's just that..."

"Just..." Bailey cuts him off. "You look. You have put yourself between two very fine women and you looking for an easy way out and you wanna use me, and the hospital and... somebody to make the decision for you, and it's not gonna happen."

She finishes and turns the stop button off.

"Could I just, could I just say a couple of things?" Derek asks.

But Bailey puts her hand up, making some noise to cut him off.

Maddison looks extremely awkward.

"I should've used stairs." Maddison says, making the two turn to her.