48 | you need to work on you lying

S2 E 14tell me sweet little lies

S2 E 14
tell me sweet little lies

"MR. KAMAJI, THIS IS probably what's causing her hiccups." Bailey tells the coach.

"There's a tear in the lining of her esophagus." Liam adds, as Izzie points to the scans.

"Can you fix it?" The Coach asks.

"Yes, surgically the sooner, the better." Liam replies.

"Ah, after the competition today her schedule is clear until March." Kamaji tells them.

"No, her schedule is clear now." Liam tells him, standing up. "She can't compete today."

"And if she enjoys the taste of solid food, I recommend giving up the sport for something a little less aggressive." Bailey adds. "Say boxing."

Yumi looks at them scared and confused, laying on the table.

"I see." Kamaji nods. "Could you give us some privacy please?"

They nod and walk out.

"Dr. Bailey, get one of your interns to call a translator." Liam tells her, and Bailey nods, as he walks away. "Dr. Sloan, a word?"

Maddison looks at Bailey for help, but Bailey just shrugs. The interns sighs, going to walk behind the attending.

"Karev, you heard the man, get the translator up here." Bailey tells Alex. "Let's make sure she's getting the whole truth."

Maddison walks beside him, quietly, making Liam look at her concerned.

"Are you okay?" The attending questions.

"What? Me?" Maddison looks at him, weirdly. "I'm okay, amazing, fabulous even." She awkwardly chuckles. "Are you okay?" She stops, pointing his bicep. "You, big... strong..." Liam gives her look. "...doctor?"

"You're doing the thing again. Why are you doing the thing again?" Liam asks her.

"What thing?" Maddison replies, furrowing her eyebrows.

"The thing when you rant about anything and everything just to not talk about the thing that you don't want to talk about." He tells her.

"Anything, everything." Maddison mumbles, putting the words in order in her mind to understand what he just said. "Not talk about the thing you don't want to talk about..."