47 | i'd hesitate if it was him or bagel

S2 E 14
tell me sweet little lies

MADDISON SITS ON THE edge of the bathtub at Meredith's house, looking at something on her lap, intently. Trying to prepare herself, she looks at the unopened box, hesitantly reaching for it. Before opening, she turns the box in her hands, then goes to tear the seal.

She stops herself before she could open it, standing up and putting her foot on the lever to open the dustbin, and throws the test in.

The small box of pregnancy test stares back at her, sitting there, taunting her.

Maddison glares at the test, pulling her leg off the lever, making the lid close and the pregnancy test to get out of her sight.

Frustrated the girl walks out.

MEREDITH WAS SITTING IN the gallery, when both the doors open and Maddison and Cristina walk at the same time.

The three look at each other.

"Why aren't either of you prepping for rounds and stealing all the good cases?" Meredith asks.

"Why aren't either of you prepping for rounds and stealing all the good cases?" Maddison raises an eyebrow.

"Well, why aren't either of you prepping for rounds and stealing all the good cases?" Cristina asks.

"No reason." Meredith shrugs.

"No reason." Maddison nods.

"No reason?" Cristina narrows her eyes.

They sit down, on either side of Meredith.

"I'm waiting for McDreamy." Meredith admits.

"I'm avoiding Burke." Cristina admits.

"I'm hiding something from Liam." Maddison admits, turning to Cristina. "Why are you avoiding Burke?"

"He thinks I moved in with him." Cristina answers, turning to Meredith. "Why are you waiting..."

"McDreamy is doing me a favor." Meredith answers, turning to Maddison. "What're you hiding from Liam?"

"I don't wanna talk about it, right now." Maddison answers, turning to Cristina. "Burke thinks you moved in with him?"

"Wait, you're calling him McDreamy again?" Cristina asks, turning to Meredith.

"Why are you hiding something from Liam and not telling us what it is?" Meredith asks, turning to Maddison.

The three girls fall silent, and no one answers anything.

MEREDITH WALKS OUT AFTER having her blood drawn by Derek and Maddison joins her, holding a coffee, as they walk to Cristina.