30 | you cannot know stupid

S2 E6

S2 E6

into you like a train

THE FOUR GIRLS WERE standing side by side, leaning on the railing. Cristina groans a little in pain.

"You know how long the surgical scar takes to heal. You must be in pain. You should take something." Meredith tells her.

"Drugs are for babies." Cristina replies.

"Drugs are for loser." Maddison nods.

"I hate Alex." Izzie tells them.

"The non sequitur award goes to..." Cristina says, making Maddison chuckle.

"I'm sorry." Izzie sighs. "I hate Alex."

"I broke up with Derek." Meredith says.

"Burke wants to have a relationship." Cristina continues.

"Liam won't have a normal conversation." Maddison adds.

"Boys are stupid." Izzie comments, walking off.

"Yep." Cristina nods.

MADDISON SIGHS, WALKING INTO the elevator, and leaning on the back wall. The door was about to close, but a hand gets in the way and Liam walk in, then notices Maddison inside.

Maddison looks away, and Liam awkwardly turns to the door.

"Dr. Sloan." He nods, in greeting.

"Dr. William." Maddison replies, with a clipped tone.

There was awkward silence in the elevator as it starts to move up.

But the ride up gets disturbed, as the elevator stops and it's lights start blinking.

"Wha-" Maddison trails off, as Liam hits the emergency button. "What happened?"

"I think it's a power outage." Liam replies, trying to open the door, but they don't budge.

Well, it wasn't all for nothing, because Maddison got to see his back muscles through the scrubs, which she had to admit was kind of ridiculous. But, Maddison did love a good back.