26 | neither do i

S2 E3

S2 E3

make me lose control

"MEREDITH, ARE YOU OKAY?" George calls through the door, because Bailey was blocking the door to the locker room where Meredith was.

"Just zip." Bailey tells George, handing a chart to Alex. "Dr. Karev stick with ETS case and Alex her blushing impulse not a toy for you to play with or button for you to push. Understood?"

"Hey Meredith." Cristina says, carefully. "You know um my great grandmother, she died with Alzheimer's."

"My god, why would you say that?" Izzie asks the girl, appalled.

"Well, it does strike a connection. Alzheimer's. Death." Maddison shrugs, and Izzie looks at her, wide eyed.

"Look, we're just trying to help." Cristina tells Izzie, pulling Maddison behind her, before the girl said any more morbid things.

"Izzie, the Dr. Shepherd's need an intern up in the NICU." Bailey says.

"Wait, both of them?" Izzie trails off. "To.. gether... and me by myself with the two married people who hate each other?"

"Go." Bailey tells her, and Izzie walks off.

"Christina you're on the thoracotomy." Bailey continues. "And Maddison, go to the clinic, Dr. William is overseeing it today."

"With Burke?" Cristina repeats. "Oh can I have the hateful married couple instead?"

"And can I get the thoracotomy?" Maddison asks, and Baily glares at her. "Orrrrr, I could even do the desperate for marriage counselling couple?"

The girl gives her resident a charming smile, but Bailey's not impressed.

"Okay, I'm sorry I thought that I was your resident not your hostess. I assign, you take." Bailey tells them. "Is that a problem?"

"N-nno." The two girls shutter.

"Is there some reason why it's inconvenient for you to spend the day in the OR or the clinic, learning from Dr. Burke and Dr. William?" Bailey asks.

"No. I'm very happy to be working with Dr. Burke. Thank you very much." Cristina rants, rushing off, and Bailey turns to Maddison, giving her a questioning look.

"Well, I wouldn't say inconvenient..." Maddison tilts her head. "A little untimely, I would say-"

"Three..." Bailey starts counting down. "Two..."